OK Lets say you have $1200 to spend...

i would say skip the little bolt ons and go for the big hp. not supercharger big, but cams or longtubes big. ive seen dynos from cams that can give you ~25-30 rwhp and from l/ts that net ~20rwhp. thats definitly a good boost in hp and will accomplish more than all the bolt ons mentioned. im currently saving for either cams or longtubes. both will add significant hp. both will also run you probably close to $800 installed, maybe a bit more for the cams since a valve spring upgrade is recommended. either option would be well worth it IMHO.

• Sponsors (?)

jdmoore144 said:
just put a full exhaust system on ur car. some type of long tubes witha dr. gas x-pipe with something u want out the back. i am having jet hot long tubes and a dr. gas x-pipe down right now for 1350 installed
isnt that kind of a lot of $$$ for just the l/ts and shorty? would you mind breaking everything down? i would think:
l/t-$450
shorty-$350
install-$300
i only get $1100 :shrug:

hmm odd my last post didnt show up. anyways heres what i said.

thanks for the advice and opinions. i took everything into consideration and this is what i think will suit me the best:

bbk o/r H + catback + 4.10 gears + short throw shifter

H - 150
catback - 300-400
gears - 130 + 250 for install (roughly)
shifter - 200

that fits nicely into my budget.

like i said i dont really care about 1/4 times at this point in my life, i just want a car that plants me in my seat when i get on it and sounds good. 4.10s will plant me in my seat, and some ppl even suggest 4.30s, tho those might be too much lol. then for the deep rumble, ppl tell me to get a H over an X since the hp diff isnt much. so bbk o/r H makes sense. i'm just unsure on the catback? what catback will give me a nice deep rumble? I DO NOT WANT A CACKLY/RASPY SOUND.

thanks for the help

xseler8 said:
Gears,Cat-back,Shifter,Pulleys,CAI...You'll have a good time with this stuff.
I'm using Borla's with a Bassani catted x. It has a deep bass tone and barks WOT

i think thats what i'm probably gonna go with. tho i'm gonna sub the catted x with a bbk o/r H.

i've been lookin around for prices on the borla stinger catback, the best i seem to find is $560 :nonono: Anyone know if this is the best price, or if there is a place i can find it for cheaper???

personally i wouldnt waste 400 on a catback. buy some used mufflers on one of the boards for 80-100 bucks and have them elded in...same sound and really no performance difference on a daily driver. buy a used midpipe for 100 bucks, throw a set of gears in it and a custom tune. That should give you a pretty quick stang for 900 bucks or so and then you still have 300 to use on whatever(booze)

I don't understand how installing an exhaust system yourself is a problem. You have to get dirty, but I can only imagine that a shop is going to charge you a grip to do the work you can do yourself.

I would go BBK Short Headers $165,
BBK X Pipe $400,
Flow 40 series catback (I got mine for $225),
MM Full length Subframes $120+($80-$100 for install)
MGW Shifter $180
Craftsman 137 Piece Toolkit $99 (Link Here)

That is $1189 parts only, give or take more or less, but that way you can do the work yourself, and have tools for when you need to do other things down the road.

thanks for the help.

well i normally would give it a try since most ppl say its not that hard at all. the thing is its wintertime here in michigan and its freezing cold. the weather is just horrid right now. i would have to wait until the spring time to do it, and i'm impatient lol. i decided to not go the full exhaust route, rather:

4.10 gears + catback + bbk o/r h + short throw + if i have the money left the subframe connectors.

I agree, just do weld in muffs, much cheaper, same outcome, used would be even more of a score

next I'd say prochamber, drop in k&n, then maybe pulleys and a plenum

would still have some $$$, maybe get some tint or something, or gears if enough left

Shifter, Catback (or mufflers), Springs then use the left over money for a few cosmetic things like a Mach 1 chin/grill delete, window tint or 10.5's in the rear with DR's for summer. Think about it....shifter quicker shifts and easier driving, exhaust to make her sound the way she should, springs to make it look the way it should and handle better, then some cosmetic to make it stand out alittle. Then if you can get a set of 10.5's with DR's much better traction, or you could always go with a 275 DR on the stocks to save some cash. If your tight with cash get the things that you can live with the longest and not shortest.

Get

1200.00 hmm
Well the biggest bang for the buck is gears 350-400 then a cold air kit 150 and finally a tune about 325. check out modularpowerhouse.com
Tim can direct you best he is pure genieus with the 2v and probally the best tuner anywhere.

Where are you located?

BMurphy said:
Take the $1200 and invest it in a Roth IRA. I wish I had started at a younger age. I would be retired now...

Mods should come from fun money so unless this is fun money you'll need insurance, gas, books, date money etc.... If it is fun money do a Cat Back exhaust since that's already on your list. That will run $500-700 installed depending on your selection. Then with the remaining $600 or so, gears, at least a K&N drop in filter and a performance chip/tuner. Check/search these boards, there's lots of good info and plenty of debate.