OK, Louvers on foxbody, huh?

J_Squared

Jun 28, 2005
Buffalo, NY
My friend just told me he saw a nice clean fox GT with louvers, now ive never seen one with them before, anybody have any pics, or could fotochop someones car with them? im not sure what to think as far as how good it looks. thx.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's my car. I bought the car with them already installed. I had every intention of taking them off, but they really grew on me and now they aren't going anywhere!

P1010008_resized.JPG

Like I said - I love mine - I'm fairly sure they were an option on the 87's (they are genuine Ford). The only thing I don't like about them is taking them off to clean the back window. It's nothing more than 2 screws (the top part is on hinges). But it's still harder than just cleaning a normal window. That is my only gripe though.

Damn - I thought I had one saved as a jpeg, but I guess I don't. I know I have some hard copy pics somewhere but I would have to dig them out.
Here's another pic before my car got painted though...just a different angle.

P1010006-resized.JPG

Holy Batman thats a large picture.... well, thanks for looking anyways. The car really does look good. There are just subtle differences in yours like the rims, paint quality, and now that I look at it T-TOPS... the louvers seem to flow better on your ride than they would on mine...

haha - I know it's large - I didn't re-size it first...

I still think louvers look sweet on fox bodies in general...
Tell you what - I think I have an old pic hanging in my cubicle at work with the turbines still on the car. I'll scan it in and PM you when it's posted.

aaron11272 said:
haha - I know it's large - I didn't re-size it first...

I still think louvers look sweet on fox bodies in general...
Tell you what - I think I have an old pic hanging in my cubicle at work with the turbines still on the car. I'll scan it in and PM you when it's posted.

Sweet deal.. thanks man :nice:

Not dissin' on your louvers at all man but if you ever happen to come across a set of the metal ones... SNAP EM UP! The difference in look will be night and day. The metal ones (although a bit heavier) are a big improvement in how they look vs. the plastic version.