ok my pride is hurt

• Sponsors (?)

Don't be mad be glad. :nice: It's just the advance of technology man. You expect Ford to keep making slow 6's. :D Our cars are 10 years old and our stock motors are around 195 rwhp stock and racing a light v6 youcan expect to lose with a newer one. You need to get rid of those plugs you have b/c they are crap IMO and bet your car will run better with some autolite 25's.
Get some gears and you'll feel a lot better about your car. :nice:

I don't think you should lose to a new v-6 if you have a stick, (especially if the v-6 was an auto) even though they are pretty quick (manual). I've never used the platinum plugs but have heard horror storries. I would just do a full tune up, replace plugs with normal ones ( autolites, motorcraft) and check for any codes.

A 1995 Mustang GT should not lose to a 2005 V-6 Mustang. I have a 1995 Mustang GTS. When it was new I'm talking bone stock. With only 500 miles years ago I took it to the track. I did not shift hard, since the car was new and got a 14.8 on my first run. I never went back to the track since. Remember that the new Mustangs really take advantage of gearing. They now come with 3.55 gears. This is why the gas mileage is so bad on the new Mustangs. Gas prices will eventually take a toll on the new Mustangs. Who can afford to pay 100.00+ a week for gas!

mustang479 said:
A 1995 Mustang GT should not lose to a 2005 V-6 Mustang. I have a 1995 Mustang GTS. When it was new I'm talking bone stock. With only 500 miles years ago I took it to the track. I did not shift hard, since the car was new and got a 14.8 on my first run. I never went back to the track since. Remember that the new Mustangs really take advantage of gearing. They now come with 3.55 gears. This is why the gas mileage is so bad on the new Mustangs. Gas prices will eventually take a toll on the new Mustangs. Who can afford to pay 100.00+ a week for gas!

exactly....a v6 auto stang is NOT fast...you do realize a manual v6 even 99 up barely run HIGH 15's....and an auto probably wouldn't do better than 16's....if you have a manual 5.0 any year and you lose to a v6 stang 1. you either need to learn how to drive or 2. something is wrong with your car....

for reference my friend has an 01 v6 manual...ran a 15.8 at the track(and he can drive pretty good)i can leave him from a roll in my '95 without even downshifting....i also smoked his a$$ in my contour svt(when i had it)and it ran mid 15's.....

215what said:
today i seen a 05 gt race a 4door vw and the f****** vw beat the 05 wtf is going on these day's. well i dont know how you lost to a v6 mustang but that got to be a s**** feeling. WOW

was the guy in the 05 gt even racing????could the guy even drive the 05?????maybe his car isn't even broken in yet and he was taking it easy...or

btw those jettas with the 1.8 turbo motors respond WELL to mods a simple chip and a couple bolt ons will add about 100 hp to them...and if it was a vr6 it could have had any number of mods including turbo etc...

but stock for stock(or even lightly modded in the vw's case)an 05 gt should easily win...

it was 95 v8 vs. 02 v6, not 05, and ya something is wrong, i just raced a 94 v6 with an aftermarket muffler today and the first run i lost, im thinking its becuz my check engine light was on, it also governed out at 160km/h, 2nd run i restarted my engine and the check engine light turned off, i peeled out pretty bad but i beat him pretty good that time. something is wrong with it, i dunno what though :( i need to work on my launch anyway, too much rubber is coming off my tires. also, ive only been driving my mustang for a year, so im not going to claim to be a good driver.

jpyjfrdmstng said:
it was 95 v8 vs. 02 v6, not 05, and ya something is wrong, i just raced a 94 v6 with an aftermarket muffler today and the first run i lost, im thinking its becuz my check engine light was on, it also governed out at 160km/h, 2nd run i restarted my engine and the check engine light turned off, i peeled out pretty bad but i beat him pretty good that time. something is wrong with it, i dunno what though :( i need to work on my launch anyway, too much rubber is coming off my tires. also, ive only been driving my mustang for a year, so im not going to claim to be a good driver.

man yeah i would definitely say something is majorly wrong with your car...a 94 v6 only has 150hp...hell you could be the worst driver in the world and you should still be able to beat a 94 v6 :D

chrisilversvt said:
exactly....a v6 auto stang is NOT fast...you do realize a manual v6 even 99 up barely run HIGH 15's....and an auto probably wouldn't do better than 16's....if you have a manual 5.0 any year and you lose to a v6 stang 1. you either need to learn how to drive or 2. something is wrong with your car....

for reference my friend has an 01 v6 manual...ran a 15.8 at the track(and he can drive pretty good)i can leave him from a roll in my '95 without even downshifting....i also smoked his a$$ in my contour svt(when i had it)and it ran mid 15's.....

The example above is exactly what should happen if a 95 mustang GT races a V6 Mustang. V6 in the dust. End of story.

not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but my problem is pretty much the same,...i have a 94 5.0 auto vert, pretty much stock except for exhaust, u/d's, stall converter, FMS rotor, advanced timing, taylor 7mm wires, and bosch platinums... all my spark stuff mentioned is very new... i know my car is pretty dog slow to begin with, but this is just sad. my car will go from 2K to 4K quick, but wont accelerate from 4K to 5500 quick at all, concidering this stuff is new and i barely have 90K of babied miles on it, what is causing such a decrease in climbing R's? (it took forever to catch a maxima full of chicks that passed me in a slow 2-lane highway, made tons of noise and they loved it, but if it was a dude in the other car, he woulda been laughin at the all show no go...or all sound no go...) do you think a coil would make any diff?

droptopford 5 0 said:
not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but my problem is pretty much the same,...i have a 94 5.0 auto vert, pretty much stock except for exhaust, u/d's, stall converter, FMS rotor, advanced timing, taylor 7mm wires, and bosch platinums... all my spark stuff mentioned is very new... i know my car is pretty dog slow to begin with, but this is just sad. my car will go from 2K to 4K quick, but wont accelerate from 4K to 5500 quick at all, concidering this stuff is new and i barely have 90K of babied miles on it, what is causing such a decrease in climbing R's? (it took forever to catch a maxima full of chicks that passed me in a slow 2-lane highway, made tons of noise and they loved it, but if it was a dude in the other car, he woulda been laughin at the all show no go...or all sound no go...) do you think a coil would make any diff?

94-95 Mustangs were reasonabally quick when they were new, but with them being 10+ years old they only will stay quick if they are well maintained. The list below details most common problems and maintenance items that may be slowing down your Mustang.

Tune up
-------------
New coil
New wires
New plugs
New cap & rotor

Exhaust
--------------
Catalytic converters may be clogged or there is a blockage.
Feel both exhaust outlets and have someone rev the engine. Are they both flowing well?

Fuel delivery
---------------
Fuel filter
Fuel pump is bad (does your car have hard starts?)
Fuel injectors clogged

Timing
---------------
Spout connecter is missing (if so very hard climb from 3500 and up)
Timing is not at 10 degrees
Bad distributor

droptopford 5 0 said:

First you need to get that thing tuned. Second, it might be your overdrive band going. I know when mine went it was about impossible to accelerate quickly but now overdrive is just like another gear. I used the two inch overdrive band, night and day difference between stock. Also, might I suggest if the transmission is going have it built as strong as you possible can and throw in a PI or EDGE stall converter. Other than gears the stall was the best mod I ever did.

Also, throw in some 4:10 and it will feel like a rocket.

Wow dude I am really sorry to hear that. When my car was BONE STOCK with 69k miles on it, I walked all over my friend's manual 03 V6. He's not a bad driver either. I'd have to go with what every1 else is saying. Something is wrong with your car. Good luck.