Ok.........Seriously!

Alright folks, let's have ourselves a little laugh.......shall we?

I got a guy up here that works with me who owns a Honda S2000. Matter of fact, he's on the other side of the office on HIS little Honda forum probably doing the same thing I'm doing right now. Anyway, he thinks he can take me. I told him straight up that if we happen on down a windy road in the back woods there's a definite probability he's going to run away.......naturally.

BUT, for some reason, he's under the impression he's going to take me in the quarter mile. NOW, I've ridden in his car and it handles quite nice, but this little vtech turd doesn't even come alive until 6500 rpms. Meanwhile, I'm already out of the hole at 2000 rpms. Last I checked, Honda S2000s only run 13.8s when they're stock.

MEANWHILE, I bought the car with a stock intake and a 56 mm TB and the car already ran a 13.2 with absolutely NO suspension and no way of hooking up off the line.

Since I bought the car I installed the BBK cold air intake and the BBK 70mm TB with which I noticed quite a noticeable difference in hp gains with that alone. I would imagine if I could hit it right off the line there would be the potential for high 12s, and when I fix the front and rear suspension it will DEFINITELY be a 12 second car.

So now, if we take off down the quarter mile.........WHO'S going to win? 'Cause this little yellow terd thinks he has a chance.

• Sponsors (?)

I think he's in trouble... Definately put money on it.

I ran up on one in my 01GT which is UTTERLY stock doing 70 or so. He cut my wife off who was ahead of me. So I got mad and he kicked it when he saw me coming. I don't know how far into 4th I was when it was all over (auto) but thru the whole time I had to let off so that I didn't clip his bumper.

13.8 my arse. Maybe with slicks.

If you can really run a 13.2 than yeah. I played with one a while back and we stayed with each other till he let off. Granted we did a roll so I didn't get the advantage I would have had from a stop.

Now, keep in mind, I myself didn't run the 13.2, it was the guy I bought the car from who ran it at the track quite a few times and that happened to be his best run. On the otherhand, I was expecting him to tell me it was faster than that so I was a little disappointed to here it was still in the 13s which leads me to believe he's probably telling the truth. The guy is a very respectable dude and did all the work to it himself minus the intake and TB of course, that was my addition.

He kept telling me how hard it is to hook up but I didn't believe him till I actually drove the car. One of our friends has a Subaru STI and my buddy Doug (with the S2000) says his friends STI can take him.

The other day on the highway I caught up with a Evo 8 after we both punched it on the highway. Again, I had to let off the gas or else I would have ended up in his back seat. Just something to think about.

That's why the whole thing is one big joke. His car is COMPLETELY stock! Now, to be fair, it's a lovely car that handles like a dream, but my car is a beast and I'm positive it will pull all over him. Anyway, I'm just glad everybody else shares the same opinion.

I just went over to his computer and saw some of the blogs on his forum and it seems the Honda S2000 drivers agree that he's got his hands full.

"Those 5.0s can sometimes surprise you."

That's just one of the blogs I read. Another one of his blogs said that if I had a supercharger I would take him. I think that's hilarious b/c HE'S the one who needs the supercharger.

Ladies and gentlemen.........goodnight!

Nevermind, just realized you asked in a quarter race. Your gonna get a few lengths on him out of the hole, and he'll probably stop your pull at the end of the track. Won't catch up to you though. My prediction if tractions nearly equal, you by 3-4 cars.

From a highway, be wary though. A stock headed fox isn't the best highway runner. I can put 2-3 lengths on my cousins 99 cobra from a dig easily, even with the lost torque, but from a 50 punch the best I could do was a half car to 120.

You're definitely right about 5.0s not being the best highway runners that's for sure. My friends slightly modded LT1 would BARELY inch out on me when we ran on the highway, and he only had intake, long tube headers, and flowmaster cat back. Off the line was a different story.

At the same time I would imagine most V8s of ANY variety or displacement would have the advantage over a 4-cylinder on the highway even WITH the vtec. Wouldn't you agree?