ok, so how do you find a turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

How to find a turbocoupe

I was watching the classifieds, reading all the local "shopper" papers, had friends in various parts stores keeping an eye out, got in tight with the pizza guys/gearheads (they see everything), drove past all the car lots at least twice a week, scrapmetal yard guys were bribed with free pizza, even had the U-Pull_it guys on alert. Then one day I spot one (86) in one of those "We buy titles" places. Sweet talk the girl down from 500 to 400 dollars and drive it home!! Nearly a year and it pays off.
My little brother has a flat on a road near his work and walks up to a house to use the phone and buys an 84 GT turbo vert Mustang for $300. He's a worm...I offered to trade him but he doesn't want to.
Bruce (TX)

I traided a head of a 93 n/a 2.3 for my newest turbo motor. and a frend is selling me a complete svo harness and coputer for $150. I payed $250 for my first 2.3t motor.

the guy that my brother bought his turbo coupe from had 3 of them.2 88s and an 87.my brother bought the 5spd 88.he took his friend up there and bought the 88 a/t for $800.he still has an 87 a/t that supposedly has an upgraded turbo on it.it needs work on the brake system,not sure what it is but he only wants $500 for it.i'm sure he would probably take $400 for it.

They seem to be fairly common. There was one for sale in Feb in the local Tell N Sell. There is another one there now, and an 87-88 or so for sale at a local used car dealer for $1500. Thinking about getting one for the drivetrain here.