Ok so im new

backwoods

Nov 1, 2005
SE Texas
Im looking at getting a 99 v6 and was wondering what kind of power gains are expected with a Procharger system, or which system do yall recommend? Or should i just get liek a 96gt.....? Any help would be appreciated. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Your kinda in the same boat I am in now, only I already bought my 6. I wish I could go back in time and get the gt. Even with a supercharger my v6 is only going to be as fast as a lightly modded gt :( Go with the 96 v8

If you are just going for power, just go with the GT, then if you mod the GT, it'll be even faster. Or find a 4V engine like the Mach I as OxMox is hinting at heh. But also remember the 1996 GT only has 215hp to a 99 V6 190hp. Go with the one that is cheaper because someone on these forums has beaten a 95 GT (215hp 5.0) with just simple bolt ons like exhausts and intakes.

Depending on your age range, available money, mechanical ability, etc.

If you're young, the V6 will have lower insurance
If you have money, get a Cobra
If you're a mechanic - ..........do whatever you want cause you know how to do it

A procharger will take a minimum 8 hr. install (not including dyno tune time / fuel upgrades / etc.

Considering I passed a 95 GT today that was for sale for 4500, I'd definitely go that route (Ol' Reliable 5.0)

i dunno, the 96-98 GT's really are not anything to hoot and holler about. a stock 96-98 GT auto is about as fast as a 99-04 V6 5-speed with a few basic bolt-ons. it really depends on how much money you are looking to spend on the vehicle, the GT has more potential, but the 6 will be better on insurance and gas and such