Ok, time for some plugs.

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Which ones is everyone using, and how do you like them, and what gap? What about those new 8MM plugs from I believe autolite? I think mine are going south and need to replace them, so bring it on :D. (Stock compression, N/A GTs experiances preferred)

• Sponsors (?)

Had Autolite 764's on the old GT and they were great. Bought them for this GT too im just too broke to payto install them and too busy with school to do it myself sadly.

BTW gapped at .053

HoustonGT said:
Had Autolite 764's on the old GT and they were great. Bought them for this GT too im just too broke to payto install them and too busy with school to do it myself sadly.

BTW gapped at .053
those are the i step colder plugs, right? if so, those are the plugs i have lying around awaiting install. im just way too busy working 75 hrs/week to install them myself, and dont feel like shelling out the cash to someone else.

I just went with the stock ones. they lasted a long time and the car ran fine.

Some people will tell you to run copper because they have a bit hotter spark but you will have to change them more often. you can find the motorcraft copper part # if you search.

as for brand that is an agrument I won't get into it. someopeople love some brands some people hate some brands. the motorcraft in the car were working fine so I stayed with them.

DerekStangGT said:
those are the i step colder plugs, right? if so, those are the plugs i have lying around awaiting install. im just way too busy working 75 hrs/week to install them myself, and dont feel like shelling out the cash to someone else.
Yep they are. I also can't justify paying 75-80 just to have plugs installed but its a PITA to do in the driveway as well

i just installed new plugs on my car last weekend got the NGK iridiums TR55IK along with an oil change and now my engine runs real smooth, gapped them at .054

the install was easy didnt even remove the intake on the pass. side all i needed was teh 5/8 swivel plug socket, (2) 6" extensions and a 3/8 swivel with the ratchet :nice:

Get the new coils from Ganatelli. And just use the factory plugs.

More info here - http://stangfreak.com/content/

Granatelli-3.jpg

Stock-Plugs.jpg

Attachments

• Granatelli-3.jpg
    Granatelli-3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Stock-Plugs.jpg
    Stock-Plugs.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 55
hotmustang331 said:
Oh and Derek looks like you have some time right now....GO CHANGE THEM PLUGS! :rlaugh: :D
cant, im supposed to be working on a car, but i dont want to so im procrastinating. i got a used car that came in. '00 mustang V6 w/ a P/S leak. looks like a leaky pump:notnice:

03ghoststang said:
i just installed new plugs on my car last weekend got the NGK iridiums TR55IK along with an oil change and now my engine runs real smooth, gapped them at .054

Those plugs should have already been pre-gapped to .054. I have the same. And that's TR55IX not TR55IK.

you may want to just look into some Motorcraft coppers for your purposes. Being that i'm not really modded, the Motorcraft plats. work the best for me. Either way, you'll be getting a good plug if you stay OE... my car hated autolites, and I can't comment on NGK plugs tho