Ok you supercharger gurus... Strim, SQ, Ytrim, or Ttrim... Which is the hot ticket?

• Sponsors (?)

If I had to do it all over again:

I would either go for the stock Vortech SQ kit that comes with 38# injectors, 255lph fuel pump, and a computer chip. (Do not use their tune, request a blank chip)

I would then get a powerpipe, 90mm Lmaf, and a dyno-tune to go with it and with a little luck make 375-400rwhp.

My first choice would most likely be the new 9# Kenne Bell kit, just bolting it on with their tune gets you 400rwhp and 400+rwtq. :nice:

Good luck,
Howard

the Y trim is the biggest blower you mentioned (1,500cfm). it may not fit under your stock hood though. next is the T-trim (1,200cfm). last in line is the the SQ and S trims (1,000cfm). they are basically the same. the only difference is that the SQ is quieter.

edit: i first posted the S trims were better than the T trims. i was confusing the T trim with the A trim. it has since been fixed.

S trim will make more than enough to kill a stock motor.but it has enough to make good power to.

t,s and sq fit on the modular the ys is for the 5.0 cars.

The s and sq have different step up ratios internally.Same cfm and rpms .
And some v1(s trims) are actually quieter than some sq's.

DC-GT said:
The T-trim is supposed to be about the same size as the Novi 2000. Will it fit under the stock hood?

Bo

The Novi 2000 fits under the hood of my 00gt....had to move the coolant
reservoir over toward the battery about an inch and trim the fan shroud
a little bit though..

00whiteGTvert said:
If I had to do it all over again:

I would either go for the stock Vortech SQ kit that comes with 38# injectors, 255lph fuel pump, and a computer chip. (Do not use their tune, request a blank chip)

I would then get a powerpipe, 90mm Lmaf, and a dyno-tune to go with it and with a little luck make 375-400rwhp.
If that is what you are going to do then why get the kit? The kit costs ~$3200 and comes with the tune (which you aren't going to use), a Walbro pump (~$100), and 38# injectors (I got 42# for $250 shipped). Instead you should buy the TUNER kit for ~$2500, a fuel pump (~$100), and 42# injectors (~$300). Then you are only at ~$2900. That leaves you money for the LMAF and Powerpipe. You can basically get all of that for about the price of just the tuner kit. Then tap on a dyno tune (which you were going to do anyways) and you're ready to go!!!

:D I'm all about saving money!