Ok you supercharger gurus... Strim, SQ, Ytrim, or Ttrim... Which is the hot ticket?

• Sponsors (?)

tigerdog said:
Nice choice Bo
:nice:

You can't go wrong with that deal or with doing business with Tim.
Congrats on the purchase and we expect updates when you get it installed
:p

HECK YEAH! I already did a pre-dyno and I will be doing a post dyno as well. I will post it along with pics!

Bo

Black03 said:
I just ordered the ttrim kit from Tim on monday. Can't wait for it to get here either :) Do you plan to do the install yourself?

Yeah I am going to give it a shot solo, as long as you consider having my cell phone attached to my ear with Tim on the other end "solo", lol.

He assured me that if Sheister could do it anyone could! :D

Bo

SmithAtlanta said:
Did you decide already? I believe Cobra Killer has a deal on the T-trim right now for the price of an S-Trim if you purchase the complete kit from him. Give him a call...

http://www.modularfordpowerhouse.com

Nice. Does the T-Trim look any different than the S-Trim in respects to outside looks. I mean will you be able to tell just by looking at it that it's a T-trim vs S-trim? Or do they look the same?

DC-GT said:
Yeah I am going to give it a shot solo, as long as you consider having my cell phone attached to my ear with Tim on the other end "solo", lol.

He assured me that if Sheister could do it anyone could! :D

Bo

:mad: Ok, enough, enough... Allright, I'll admit it, I'm STILL a rookie. BUT I still got through it.
hehe :D
Good luck!

Black03 said:
The T-trim and S-trim have the same physical dimensions. Not sure if they are the same body though or if the t just has a different impeller(sp?). The discharge would be a bit bigger I would imagine.

Strim
Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 680 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI
Maximum impeller speed: 50,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 72%

Ttrim
Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 825 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 1,200 CFM
Maximum boost pressure: 26 PSI
Maximum impeller speed: 55,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73%

I am not sure about the outside physical characteristics though. The pics I have seen would indicate to me that they look similar...

Bo

After taking the supercharger off and on to change the belt, I've come to the realization that I probably could have done it myself but I'm still glad I had Tim do it.

DC-GT, Are you going to have Tim cut all the tubing for your intercooler or are you going to do that yourself?

You can do it yourself but I was just wondering. I think Deadlurker might be interested in your response.

SmithAtlanta said:
After taking the supercharger off and on to change the belt, I've come to the realization that I probably could have done it myself but I'm still glad I had Tim do it.

DC-GT, Are you going to have Tim cut all the tubing for your intercooler or are you going to do that yourself?

You can do it yourself but I was just wondering. I think Deadlurker might be interested in your response.

If your talking bypass, I will be sending all that to Tim with the fuel basket and the computer. He said he would mock it up and weld it for me so there wont be any leaks...

Bo

tigerdog said:
Nice choice Bo
:nice:

You can't go wrong with that deal or with doing business with Tim.
Congrats on the purchase and we expect updates when you get it installed
:p

Hey T'Dog--

Looks like you and I are neck-and-neck in power these days... :nice: Do you have any plans for other upgrades soon? I'm doing 42lb injectors & Pro-M MAF soon; that should put me around 430/390... :banana: