okay, did it break or is it really that difficult?

foghorn67

I'll save you the time and choke myself
Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Orange County, CA
I was adjusting my headlight, and the bucket bent near the adjuster screw which made the adjuster spring pop out. I tried for an hour and couldn't get the spring hooked back on the back of the headlight door.
is it really this maddening? :bang: :fuss:
is there a tool for this? or is something not right? I'm ordering a new spring. maybe it's tweaked.

• Sponsors (?)

oboebrian said:
The spring is usually a huge PIA. The best way i've found to pull it is by using a wire coat hanger to extend the spring enough to hook it back into place. It usually takes me about 5-10 min to do per bucket.
do you put the spring on the bucket or door first?

oboebrian said:
I believe (if i remember correctly) i put it in the light bucket first, I haven't done it for a long time. Also try a flat bladed screw driver (becareful not to stab yourself). Try both ways and see what works best for you. But they are usually PIA to get back on.
cool.

I did the same thing recently while installing a set of halogens. I totally removed both adjuster screws. Easily installed the spring since no tension was necesary. I re-installed the screws. Yes, it was a pain in the ass but it worked.