Okay, I'm sold...

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
Portland, Oregon
I've been contemplating for a long time whether or not I wanted to get an '05 GT... I didn't get an '03 Cobra because I knew the new Mustang was close at hand... and part of me wants to keep on waiting, for the inevitable SE or perhaps Cobra in 2007MY. But I've decided to say screw it -- enjoy it now, worry about the SE or Cobra if/when they become available.

mineralgrey.jpg

2005 Mustang GT coupe Premium (Body T82, Order 140A)
+ Exterior color: Mineral Grey (TK)
+ Interior color: Dark Charcoal w/Red Seats (KR)
+ Interior Upgrade Package (18G)
+ Interior Color Accent Package (68R)
+ Bright Machined Cast Aluminum wheels (64D)
+ Active Anti-Theft System (14A)
+ Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags (43A)

Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want it NOW! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Okay, spaz over...

• Sponsors (?)

**** them, I will remove the spoiler on it, and if they are not happy .. well they can kiss my ass. Who should give a damn about a stupid little spoiler like that :shrug: . It wont event make a differance on the andling, the spoiler is probably like 95% for the look (witch doesn't look too so hot to me).

Solid HoRNZ It wont event make a differance on the handling said:
That's what I thought, I just don't like spoilers on any car, seriously I drive around town and think pretty much every car would look alot cleaner without one. So when I see a gigantic stupid looking spoiler on some 17year olds car, I want to scream, hahaha

Heh, you guys have problems. :shrug:

To quote another member of stangnet, "they look like family sedans without them."

As long as it's not an enormous aftermarket one, I think a spoiler looks great on most any sports coupe.

Anyway, sounds like a nice car, good luck with it! :)

I just prefer the no spoiler look, A friend of mine took his off of his 2000 Gt and it looks great IMO, and I just wanted to save the hassle of taking mine off myself and filling the holes

HairyCanary said:
What will you make the ducktail out of? Wanna make two? ;)

Corey (wannabegt) and I have decided to start building composite parts. I am planning to build at least one out of carbon fiber. And possibly a lower cost one out of fiberglass. We just haven't decided on the best looking ducktail. If we can't decide we might end up with 2 styles. As to when they are going to be available. That will likely be another story. Since it looks like they are going to be rationing them in the beginning. But I'm sure when I start building them I could give you a great deal on it.

The Spoiler delete option.....

I went back and forth on 13D and finally decided to stick with the spoiler. At first I was thinking every other car on the road has one now-nothing special. I also agree that a "ducktail" type like what appeared on the Shelbys and the 69-70 models. But when I saw some old photos of the 69 Boss/Mach 1s with a spoiler I could see where Ford was going with it. The 05 looks more like a 69 to my eye anyway than any other year, besides, it is a GT, NOT a Shelby and I want it to look like a GT and not a cheap imitation of something else.

MustangSteve007 said:
hey SVTdriver if you guys ever design a hood let us know... and i would like to see what ur ducktail is gonna look like.. no carbon fiber though.. i dont like that look :p

I already have some prelim designs for hoods. It's just a matter of getting dimensions. And as for the Carbon fiber. I will be building that for weight reasons. It can be painted. And I will probably paint mine since a bare cf ducktail would look odd.

Fastback61 said:
I went back and forth on 13D and finally decided to stick with the spoiler. At first I was thinking every other car on the road has one now-nothing special. I also agree that a "ducktail" type like what appeared on the Shelbys and the 69-70 models. But when I saw some old photos of the 69 Boss/Mach 1s with a spoiler I could see where Ford was going with it. The 05 looks more like a 69 to my eye anyway than any other year, besides, it is a GT, NOT a Shelby and I want it to look like a GT and not a cheap imitation of something else.
I think the '05 will be one of the most customized models of Mustangs in memory. If I had no plans at all to do anything with the rear, I'd probably get the spoiler and be done with it. But if I'm going to do a ducktail, it would be easier to start with bare metal. I do think, though, that the '05 looks a lot better without a wing than the SN95 -- in my own opinion, the SN95 needs a wing, it just doesn't look quite right without one.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I think the '05 will be one of the most customized models of Mustangs in memory. If I had no plans at all to do anything with the rear, I'd probably get the spoiler and be done with it. But if I'm going to do a ducktail, it would be easier to start with bare metal. I do think, though, that the '05 looks a lot better without a wing than the SN95 -- in my own opinion, the SN95 needs a wing, it just doesn't look quite right without one.

Dave

I would definately agree that the car would look better if the spoiler was more Shelby and less like everything else on the road. But like I said before the spoiler on the 69 Boss/Mach looks alot like the one on the new Mustang (other than being black). If some of the posters on this board are right and we see a Shelby GT350 in a year for around 35K, I will probably trade my 05 for one.

Today I got a response to my e-mail inquiry to the local Ford dealer:

Some Ford dealer sales dude said:
To answer your question, yes we can take orders for 05 Mustangs. We have all of the build sheets and information. However, we don't have prices yet. We should have those in a week or two. I'll check with my general manager and see what we are going to sell them for (MSRP, over, or under).
I've dealt with this guy before, and he's pretty straight up. He offered me the best prices on 2004 Cobras when I was briefly considering one, so I'm sure he'll be reasonable on the '05. Obviously I'm not going to pay over MSRP, but I don't really expect that he'll try.

Dave

SVTdriver said:
I already have some prelim designs for hoods. It's just a matter of getting dimensions. And as for the Carbon fiber. I will be building that for weight reasons. It can be painted. And I will probably paint mine since a bare cf ducktail would look odd.

Hey keep me updated on your designs, i would like to check em out. :nice: