Old Cats = CASH!!

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
I had my old catted H pipe on corral for sell. A local member told me no to sell it but to cut the cats off and sell them for scrap.

I got a pm right away from another member on corral offering 100.00 shipped for all 4.

I looked on ebay and old cats are bringing top $

I listed mine on ebay for 100.00 plus shipping.Ill see what they sell for.

• Sponsors (?)

Man%20counting%20money.jpg

:D

People will buy them. Most will scrap, trade, or sell them when they put on a new o/r pipe on. Then emissions testing comes along and they hit up all the sites to find one :rlaugh:

I work at a car dealer and the new trend we are seeing is people going shopping or parking their car at a train station only to come out and have their cats stolen from their car.

yeah thats happening here too. a big deal is night raids on car dealerships. they hit the lot with creepers & power tools, loosen a couple bolts or use a sawzall, and a lot of new vehicles wake up missing a $500-$1000 set of cats. i heard one dealership now takes them off right when they get the vehicle, then install them again when its sold. they had lost over $80,000 worth of cats already. I worked at a shop and we'd collect everything when we'd gut cats, or cut them out. They were stored outside in a locked box, and it got broken into 3 times while i worked there.:nonono: big money i guess.

I had listed my cats under converters on ebay and they cancelled my auction. It has to be under a special catagory. So I found out where to put them and relisted.

Why couldnt they just move them and email me??

Just remember, you have to cut the cats out of the pipe and render them inoperable by cutting off any flanges and making them damn near impossible to be welded back into a new pipe. The catalyst/honeycomb also needs to be in tact if you want to sell them at a fair price. I believe it is also illegal to say specifically what car they were from, to legally protect yourself from someone saying they bought them to use on their x brand car. You can only list them as scrap, not as "kewl converters off of a bling Lexus yo!"