Old Mustang?

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Anyone else get tired of hearing the term "old Mustang" every time you are at the gas station? As is in "I see you are driving an old Mustang, fill in the blank with a banal question." My 65 is old, so is a friend's 68, but a 1991? And this is from folks who probably were out of high school by 1991. There is nothing old looking about my car. I wonder maybe it is ME they are calling old! 20+ years old is not new, but it is not a piece of junk. It is not a classic yet, is it?

• Sponsors (?)

hmmmm......they are certainly dated, especially the 4 eyes. Honestly I dont think theyve hit classic status but the clean ones are getting rarer and mine draws attention wherever it goes. Drug store, gas station, taking the kids to soccer and lacrosse. you name it there is someone there that wants to talk about fox mustangs.

Reactions: 1 user
When I drive my 89 Mustang, it's the fairly young people who look and comment on it. When I drive my 67 Cougar, they all look, but it's mainly the older folks who come over to chat, saying they had a car like it back when....

I think they were referring to the old GUY in the Mustang....:D.

My wife calls mine mine an "old Mustang" too. I told her she qualifies for an antique plate too.... then I woke up in the ER.

Reactions: 1 users
Mines 27 years old. I consider it an "old" car but not a classic yet. Just like buying muscle cars in the late 70's early 80's before they went crazy. Not that our cars will ever be that appreciated. But I do get a lot of thumbs up and "nice" car comments:)

mines old

IMG_20130212_165557_zps5af9888d.jpg

at least as far as the state of PA says

technically no, but technically yes. It states the car cant be used for daily transportation, only leisure...no :poo:, its a Mustang! But no annual limit. Ive got Grundy insurance on mine with a $12 k guaranteed value for $210 a year with no mileage restrictions.

hmmmm.....need to contact the FL DMV and see what the dealio is down here. getting tired of paying 75 a year for a car that rarely leaves the driveway these days.