Olive Branch due to previous Cobra thread...

Cobra-Master

Jan 23, 2003
All,

I want to extend an olive branch to all 05 GT owners from the previous 04 Cobra vs. 05 GT thread.

I think a few of us SVT guys (including myself) got carried away on the bashing of other people and their rides. I know I got defensive for anyone trashing a Terminator, and I shouldn't have done that. It doesn't matter if you own a Mustang or not, as long as your a Mustang fan that's all that matters.

Anyway, just for the record... I think the 05 GT's are awesome cars. And, me and my wife are thinking about going for one of them this spring if I can convince her to sell her Eddie Bauer Expedition for it. I think the new body style is awesome and the interior is killer too. It would be our "show" car while the Cobra would remain our "hardly ever gets driven - go" car.

I'm all for any new Mustang... and all you guys owning 05's are keeping the tradition alive... so, I shouldn't have gotten into bashing other Mustangs as we are all on the same Blue Oval team.

Later.

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra-Master said:
All,

I want to extend an olive branch to all 05 GT owners from the previous 04 Cobra vs. 05 GT thread.

I think a few of us SVT guys (including myself) got carried away on the bashing of other people and their rides. I know I got defensive for anyone trashing a Terminator, and I shouldn't have done that. It doesn't matter if you own a Mustang or not, as long as your a Mustang fan that's all that matters.

Anyway, just for the record... I think the 05 GT's are awesome cars. And, me and my wife are thinking about going for one of them this spring if I can convince her to sell her Eddie Bauer Expedition for it. I think the new body style is awesome and the interior is killer too. It would be our "show" car while the Cobra would remain our "hardly ever gets driven - go" car.

I'm all for any new Mustang... and all you guys owning 05's are keeping the tradition alive... so, I shouldn't have gotten into bashing other Mustangs as we are all on the same Blue Oval team.

Later.

Well im not sure were the thread went, and Im equally not sure if everyone read some of the things I wrote...

But I am positive I had, and did my fair share of bashing , and acting like a total jerk at times during the running of that thread...

I too, would like to apologize for the way I acted in that threa. I think all of us can agree it got out of hand... Im sorry to anyone who I may have offended at any point...

I love the mustang as much as anyone. Our love for these cars should make us all a happy family, not enemies (l Hope we can all try harder not to belittle someone solely on the grounds that they have a different opinion on something than what we may)... I realize we are all humans, and we all make our mistakes. But Im going to try harder next time to show a better example, by not allowing others to bring me down, and also by not allowing myself to bring others down.

IM SORRY EVERYONE...Im sorry Cobra-Master

LOL... Lets all kiss and make up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its all good guys... I was just ignoring you folks who went off the deep end :D My apologies also if I offended any other Stang owners.

Long live the Mustang :nice: :nice: :nice:

you should be ashamed

XJeep said:
Well im not sure were the thread went, and Im equally not sure if everyone read some of the things I wrote...

But I am positive I had, and did my fair share of bashing , and acting like a total jerk at times during the running of that thread...

I too, would like to apologize for the way I acted in that threa. I think all of us can agree it got out of hand... Im sorry to anyone who I may have offended at any point...

I love the mustang as much as anyone. Our love for these cars should make us all a happy family, not enemies (l Hope we can all try harder not to belittle someone solely on the grounds that they have a different opinion on something than what we may)... I realize we are all humans, and we all make our mistakes. But Im going to try harder next time to show a better example, by not allowing others to bring me down, and also by not allowing myself to bring others down.

IM SORRY EVERYONE...Im sorry Cobra-Master
you should be ashamed,, i for one am totally embarrased by your attitude and comments,,,,,,,,,,,,, oops there are those comas again,, but as i was saying the older ones are junk,,,,,,, kinda miss the thread, wonder where it went,,, also , oh well,, never mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

alan518 said:
yeah,,,,, ,i admit it,,,, i am a stupid prick ,,,,, i cant type,,,, and im a troll,,,, i actually have a 78 mustang,,,, my dad bought it for me,,,, he says i can drive it as soon as i get my learner permit,,,, its almost as fast as his e55,,,, im so sorry for the way i behaved guys,,,, please forgive me for being an ass,,,,
Apology accepted.

alan518 said:
you should be ashamed,, i for one am totally embarrased by your attitude and comments,,,,,,,,,,,,, oops there are those comas again,, but as i was saying the older ones are junk,,,,,,, kinda miss the thread, wonder where it went,,, also , oh well,, never mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey alan no huge deal here, but just to remind you... I was not one of the guys bashing you.

alan518 said:

Alan518, that’s your opinion on the 94-04’s you are certainly entitled to it.

As the starter of the previously mentioned thread (04' Cobra or '05 GT), I feel somewhat responsible. Although I did buy the Cobra, It was MY choice based upon ECONOMICS and not much else.

I love pretty much all Mustangs and if I did bash or flame any '05 Owners, I sincerely apologize for that -- It was not my intent.

I wish eveyone well with their mustangs and hopefully in the not too distant future, I can buy the '05 GT for my wife. Then I can have one of each...

Until then, I'll be busy with my cobra...and will still "Drool" when a new '05 pulls up along side me... :nice:

Thanks...

Michael

[QUOTE='02MysticBlue]As the starter of the previously mentioned thread (04' Cobra or '05 GT), I feel somewhat responsible. Although I did buy the Cobra, It was MY choice based upon ECONOMICS and not much else.

I love pretty much all Mustangs and if I did bash or flame any '05 Owners, I sincerely apologize for that -- It was not my intent.

I wish eveyone well with their mustangs and hopefully in the not too distant future, I can buy the '05 GT for my wife. Then I can have one of each...

Until then, I'll be busy with my cobra...and will still "Drool" when a new '05 pulls up along side me... :nice:

Thanks...

Michael[/QUOTE]

"Until then, I'll be busy with my cobra...and will still "Drool" when a new '05 pulls up along side me..."

Ya know if you handle it right....... here goes:

When you see an 05 pull alongside and begin drooling, roll down your window and lean your head partially out of the window (**** your head slightly to allow the subject drool to puddle toward the left side of your mouth). When the light turns green stomp it, the force of the wind on your face by the time you run through second gear will force the drool from your mouth and propell it directly onto the trailing GT's grill and windshield. This would be the "proper way" to drool on an 05.

romans8:28 said:
When the light turns green stomp it, the force of the wind on your face by the time you run through second gear will force the drool from your mouth and propell it directly onto the trailing GT's grill and windshield. This would be the "proper way" to drool on an 05.
This maneuver should be practiced in advance -- one false move and not only will the drool run all over your own car, it might get under the tires and cause traction issues :D.

Rootus said:
This maneuver should be practiced in advance -- one false move and not only will the drool run all over your own car, it might get under the tires and cause traction issues :D.

Absolutely........ listen to this man, as he offers sound advise.

I recommend this be practiced on various "lessor vehicles" such as GTO's, Firebirds, TA's, C5's, WRX STi, etc. (although its hard to produce the sufficient amount of drool with respect to most of the vehicles listed, consider the use of your favorite soft drink as an alternative) The key is the proper speed and of course the angle of your head and or mouth.

obviously the rain is soaking your brain

Rootus said:
Apology accepted.
notice he didnt respond to me, when i mentioned he should put his money where his mouth is,, nope,, not a word out of him then... but now he is all talk again... lol,, what an ultra maroon,,,, what a loser,,, there is an old expression,, either put up or shut up,,, lol