Attachments

• a201.jpg
    a201.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 772
  • a199.jpg
    a199.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 532
  • Sponsors (?)

You've never seen his car before I take it. It's been posted here many times before. One of those pro touring classic stangs. There are some probably better executed, but hey it's the man's car he has all rights to do what he wants.

A67StangMaster said:
:lol: Check this guy out......
He lives in europe and he calls this a mustang. :rlaugh:

The front definitely needs some work for the look he's going for I'd say. That being said, that guy has done some serious engineering and fabrication on that car if you look at the previous post. It's not my thing....but then again....it's not my stang...

The car acutally belongs to a gentleman that posts under the name of Preston over at www.corner-carvers.com. It is a very well thought out project with respects to suspension geometry and chassis engineering. It puts over 700hp to the wheels but for some reason I seem to recall him wanting to go for bigger numbers and changing to a turbo setup. Other than the styling (personal taste) its a well respected project car that was built with his own two hands.

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15900
http://www.carter-engineering.com/preston67compcoupe.htm
http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17873

the only thing 68 mustang about Preston's car is the body shell itself. every other piece and part of the car is handmade, right down to the tube frame. the door sills are almost a foot wide about like a c4 vette and the dash is probably a foot longer than a stock one too. there is absolutely nothing about Preston's car that is "rice" at all. the flares are so he could fit , i believe, 275's up front and 315's or so out back and still have a wide enough track that it doesn't effect the scrub radius of the car. pretty sure that car will outhandle just about any other street car out there, whatever it may be, hands down. i doubt if most ferraris cuold hang with it in the twisty bits. well maybe an Enzo...

Max Power said:
LOL...I am thinking that these aren't the responses expected when the thread was originated.

;)

Yep, Preston has run into this kind of ignorance a few times before, and the proper smackdown has happened every time. This is what happens when one's keyboard is engaged before the brain :rolleyes:

Preston could beat any of us on one rollerskate. He knows what he is doing, and built one incredible car :nice:

At last year's SAAC convention in Kaliphornia, someone had a recent Trans-Am chassis, full race, covered with a 1970 Mustanf body, painted black. The thing was sinister! Also lapped the entire vintage Trans-Am field by the end of the race.

Similar look to Preston's....

kind of moot at this point

it's been said, but I had the impression after reading the whole story of that car that it was the best handling car-that-looks-like-a-vintage-mustang on the face of the earth. Though just about the only thing "mustang" about it at this point is part of the sheet metal.