? on # of CC's my heads have

dc1gabriel

Jan 8, 2007
i purchased a set of edelbrock performer heads off an old friend of mine. he never used them and the heads were milled 30 thousands before he aquired them.
they've been sitting in my garage for awhile and im unsure of what the CC's are.

the edelbrock perf. heads come with 60cc's i believe.
they will be going on a 93 5.0 block with stock internals in my 66 coupe

just wondering if anyone could help me out. thanks a bunch!

• Sponsors (?)

Why don't you just cc them yourself and be sure.

The set of Edlebrock heads I had several years ago cc'd out at 60-63cc after being milled .010.

I contacted Edlebrock about it and they said the advertised chamber size was nominal.

E7TE's NOMINAL size is 64 ccs. Hence the reason so many aftermarket heads are offered in the same size. Actual size may vary, according to whether the factory or some one else has milled them. The 93 Cobra Stang heads were milled to spec at the factory, so these will have smaller chambers than other GT40 iron heads.

Why don't you just cc them yourself and be sure.

The set of Edlebrock heads I had several years ago cc'd out at 60-63cc after being milled .010.

I contacted Edlebrock about it and they said the advertised chamber size was nominal.

How do you cc your heads? I'm assuming filling them with something (liquid, clay) and then putting it in a container with known values. Could you give the details of the easiest way to do it?

D.Hearne, I have some 93' Cobra heads running on ebay and people are asking about the cc's? Do you happen to know those numbers? TIA

The info I have on these heads comes from Ford's "Official Ford Mustang 5.0" book by Al Kirschenbaum. The stuff about the GT40 Stang head milling is on page 115. It doesn't give an exact cc amount after the milling, but it does say that once they were finished, the cc's fell on the low end of the nominal specs, which is listed as 60.6 cc's. o be honest, you'd have to actually cc your heads to see what they are. Any valve work since or replacing the valves can change the actual volume.

i purchased a set of edelbrock performer heads off an old friend of mine. he never used them and the heads were milled 30 thousands before he aquired them.
they've been sitting in my garage for awhile and im unsure of what the CC's are.

the edelbrock perf. heads come with 60cc's i believe.
they will be going on a 93 5.0 block with stock internals in my 66 coupe

just wondering if anyone could help me out. thanks a bunch!

Thought I'd post on this as I just did this myself.

I have Edelbrock heads. 6022 casting with 1.90/1.60 valves. They were right at 60.0cc stock (measured by shop that did milling). Had them milled 0.025" and it put me at 55.8cc after (again measured by shop doing the milling).

Compression ratio is going to vary on your engine depending on what your actual deck height is and head gasket thickness (along with the size of the stock vavle reliefs).

In my case, with 5cc valve reliefs, zero deck and 0.040 head gasket, I am in the 9.8 to 9.9 range.