one last check (nitrous)

tyler08

Feb 3, 2009
ok Heres what I have

1. 100 shot wet kit (zex) with RPM window switch, wot switch, bottle warmer,pressure gauge, purge
2. replaced stock fuel pump for 255 lph pump
3 colder plugs (NGK TR6 SPARK PLUG)
4. New plug wires
5. Timing set at 8 degress btdc

Am I missing any saftey features, do I need any ignition upgrades other than colder plugs and wires? Sorry but I have everything all in place and just am feeling a little nervous about the first run! Engine longevity is still of some importance to me as I wont be able to afford the engine I want for a couple more years.

• Sponsors (?)

The wot in the nitrous mansgment unit is the switch I was refering to. I wasnt sure that everyone else reading this would be that familiar with the zex kit.

Safety blow down tube and a window switch is all I see missing from your list.

The window switch is listed. Blowdown tube is arbitrary. Is it a notch, vert, or hatch car? Do you plan on going to the track? In a hatch you will need it to pass the tech inspection (NHRA rules). If its a notch or vert, and the bottle is in the trunk, you won't need it. Its just to vent the vapor to the outside of the passenger area in the event the pop-of valve releases excess bottle pressure. Without the tube the excess pressure is vented into the passenger compartment for you to breathe. Non-medical grade nitrous has sulfates in it to induce gagging to deter misuse. I have never had my pop-off vavle release in 4 yrs.