One last thing I would like to fix.

69Rcode_Mach1

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Well I got a new lifetime warranty 80amp alt and everything put in and the car is back to normal. One thing that I would like to fix though is the voltmeter in my cluster doesn't work, it is always bottomed out. Where should I start with checking this. What color is the wire I need to be looking for and where does it hook to?

• Sponsors (?)

ive never heard of it..
Does the gauge move at all when u turn to key on?
If not take the cluster apart and check for voltage at two of the three prongs on the back of the little motor, and check the ground. If u find a prong that has no voltage and isnt a ground, trace it back and try to find the break.
If it moves a little, the needle might just be off, or you could have a bad ground

It's most likely a gauge specific problem. The gauges share a power feed from fuse 18 and a R/Y wire. They also share a ground so it's not likely you've lost either or all of your gauges would be dead. You've either lost power/connection to the gauge or have a bad gauge.

Not sure about the yellow wire you mentioned. The only yellow wires I recall would cause power failures to major electrical systems if they were disconnected. Not just a gauge.

Have any of the screws in the voltmeter gauge been removed? (I think I recall two in the face of the voltmeter).