One Less Cobra Owner

duner

Mr. Warmth
Jul 21, 2003
Oregon
Ed's not the only one who's sold their Cobra.

I sold both my Cobra and Ranger last Monday. I’ll miss a few things about the Cobra and nothing about the Ranger.

I will be looking for a Notch. I can't go too long without a little hot rod. The track day/HDPE bug has affected me and I can't stay away from that too long.

2005 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 5.7liter. I plan on a few mods but nothing crazy. De-badging it is in order.

IMG_0686.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Keith,
Very nice truck! Does that thing have a Hemi? Had to say it. :D I saw your car yesterday afternoon going up 217. What the heck is this world coming too.:crazy: Jordan did you sell your car too?

Nice truck, man this has become an epidemic.

Think my Jeep has about the same powerplant as your truck, 5.7 hemi with the 4x4. Does dodge have the quadra-drive 1 and 2 systems also? Feels pretty good driving around town.

ASD said:
Keith,
Very nice truck! Does that thing have a Hemi? Had to say it. :D I saw your car yesterday afternoon going up 217. What the heck is this world coming too.:crazy: Jordan did you sell your car too?

Thanks Alan. I figure we'll see it around town. I traded it in and it sounded like the dealership had someone in mind. They wanted all of the mods and gave me some extra dough them.

SonicBSnake said:
Nice truck, man this has become an epidemic.

Think my Jeep has about the same powerplant as your truck, 5.7 hemi with the 4x4. Does dodge have the quadra-drive 1 and 2 systems also? Feels pretty good driving around town.

Thanks Jesse. The engines are similar. I don't know the differences though. The drivetrain is different. The truck is relying on the old school 4x4 drivetrain. Your Jeep has the sweet AWD setup. The Quadratrack system rocks.

Trukin LOVE it !

hard to discibe why..........

Trucks owned:

2000 Ranger 4x4 loaded
1998 F150 Etd Cab 4X4 loaded
1970 F100 Ranger 2wd 302

Still own the F250

Think Honda did this one right for thier FIRST full size truck.

did you guys get bored with the cobra's?

i ask because im about to sign the papers for one today most likely. i dont want it to be a car that loses its appeal really fast, this isint something im financially able to just laugh off.

it will be a pretty big step for me, just wondering why i see alot of people ditch them.

281pony said:
did you guys get bored with the cobra's?

i ask because im about to sign the papers for one today most likely. i dont want it to be a car that loses its appeal really fast, this isint something im financially able to just laugh off.

it will be a pretty big step for me, just wondering why i see alot of people ditch them.
Thats a good question as to why they ditched em, but as far as losing their appeal, no way. To date, save the 07 coming out, they are arguably the best annd fastest production mustangs built. Dont hesitate to own the only car coined by all "The Terminator." Considering the fact that they were a numbered car is reason alone to acknowledge they will always retain a higher than normal value. Dont hesitate, go out sign the papers and CELEBRATE! Just my .02 cents/

yea im just curious, i see some guys own them for like 3-4 years almost now and love them.

then there are the owners who own the cars like 6 months or less, modify/beat the piss out of them and move on. maybe i answered my own question.

some people are well off and can afford to switch cars a few times a year. im not, and im not seeing any reason to ditch cobra's. (ie: they seem reliable, nice looking cars, ect).

:shrug: everyone has said 2 things. cant afford it, or they love them. never heard a middle ground perception.