One More Mustang, Opinions Please!

TheSalad

Aug 3, 2003
Utah
So, I have one more for you all. You have been very helpful so far, but the last one, the white Cobra, went to the first caller, an it wasnt me. So, this is what's next, a 1999 GT 35th Limited Edition.
Car has 69,000 miles. New tires. No issues. He is asking 10,500. Is that a good deal?

159592.jpg

159590.jpg

159589.jpg

159587.jpg

159585.jpg

159593.jpg

2080119463.222842542.IM1.08.565x421_A.527x421.jpg

What do you all think? Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

$ seems a little high. I paid 16K for a 99 GT (in 2002) with 15,000 miles on it. I think the KBB on that car is like 9,500...in excellent condition.

Also, is the car parked on a slant or is that rear sagging into the well??

I think for $10K you could probably find a cobra somewhere around that year/mileage. Just my .02

I believe that it is parked on a hill. I am going to check it out for sure on Friday.

Why does the paint and interior look bad? Are the silver panels on the doors part of the limited edition design? I know the seats are, but I did't know they two-toned the door panels. Anyone know?

the paint and interior do look like crap, just wait for the right cobra to come around, and what is your spending limit? ive seen 99 cobras around here (ks) go for that price with 70k on the clock, so you can find them for the price you just gotta wait around and not jump on the first mustand you see. o0o and i would buy it because it has a few mods done to it, you dont know what kind of hell the previous owners put it threw(think about it, i never baby mine, i wouldnt expect some1 else to do so)

and the gauges look like gauges you would use for nitrous :D . check to see what they where used for, if it was in fact for nitrous walk away from it and dont think twice... and it has the crappy non aluminum xover intake

and the gauges look like gauges you would use for nitrous :D . check to see what they where used for, if it was in fact for nitrous walk away from it and dont think twice... and it has the crappy non aluminum xover intake

All good points. I wouldn't let the non-aluminum crossover keep me from buying a car though. That's easy to fix, if it breaks.

That car looks rough. If someone does not even clean the rims before putting it up for sale, they probably haven't taken great care of the car.

The gauges are also suspicious. See if you can get a straight answer... maybe ask him what it runs in the 1/4... just ask like your really interested!!! If he says anything at all about the track the car has probably been beat on.

Matt

All good points. I wouldn't let the non-aluminum crossover keep me from buying a car though. That's easy to fix, if it breaks.
i know but its just more reasons for him not to buy the car... it will break, things always break they wont last forever, but he wouldnt wanna be driving it home and see coolant pissing all over the road after spending 10.5k on it