one-of-a-kind back seat

macatak60

Dec 21, 2003
i'm customizing my back seat of my 2000 Atlantic Blue mustang and i was wanting some suggestions. I am actually building a couple of things....i will be building a custom speaker box on the top part of where the back seat went and then where the bottom seat went i'm making one side a custom storage compartment and the other side will be an ice chest. I've figured out how i'm draining everything i just wanted to know what would be easier......buying an ice chest then cutting it to fit my dimensions for actually building one to the exact dimensions and what should i use to seal off everything and water proof it. any suggestion would be appreciated

2000 V6 Atlantic Blue convertible
style bar, spoiler re-positioned, a/c and gauge white face, fog lights, mach one chin spoiler and grill-delete, straight dual exhaust w/ no mufflers

• Sponsors (?)

um.....what would you build it with? plastic sheeting and styrofoam? If you're good with construction stuff, then i'd reccomend you do that. It would probably be better. Make an outer wood frame, caulk the joints then spread some caulk all over the interior or the wood, use a thick styrofoam (you can buy 2" thick sheets at home depot), then get some thin plastic sheeting inside of that, get yourself some silicone. its in the caulking area. don't get a sliciconized latex, go with 100% pure silicone. that stuff will never freeze, crack, or anything. You can have a little hole cut inside the bottom of the styrofoam piece nad plastic and al for your drainage pipe, and make sure to caulk around that also. what I would do, to keep the water out of your car, is build up a little piece along the bottom then put the door on top....i've put a picture along the bottom. make sure every joint is sealed very well.

ok i'd like to say on this edit....GEOCITIES IS A WHORE!!!!

SCREW IT, GO HERE.
HTTP://www.geocities.com/dogbert0051/
then click on cooler.jpg