One of my weekly stupid moments...

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Well since my car has been pinging lately I decided to retard the timing. So I did, and never went for a test drive to see how i was running. I took it from 14* to about 10*. So I closed the hood, and about 2 hours later had to go to work. I was halfway through my drive and decided to give it a little gas to see how much power I lost, if i could even feel it. Holy ****, no POWER at all! Like absolutely nothing. Felt like I had 4 cylinders. SO I park outside of the mall where I work and go into because I had to go to work I didn't have time to look at anything. Halfway walking into the mall, I got it! I forgot to plug the spout back in haha. So I was running on 10* total timing. Mwuahahaha.

• Sponsors (?)

Synned said:
lol, fine! I'll go sit in the corner...

One more quick observation which is about me only this time :)

Knowing myself as I do .....................

I always put the plug on the bench when I take it off :D

That way ...... when I go for the test drive ............................

The plug doesn't fall off the fender lip and get lost :rlaugh:

Grady

I was so lucky, I popped the hood and it was still right where I put it, on top of the shock thing.
Probably because my car didn't have enough balls to move it anywhere. :p

Been there done that a few times over myself...One time at the dyno....couldn't figure why we lost some much power??? 2nd pull I realized I had it in my pocket...
Nother time I swapped an intake and it was running like ass...made it to the end of the driveway and knew what the deal was...:Damnit:

I drilled a hole in mine and zip-tied it to the wiring right there....ain't lost the mother yet..:nice:

Synned said:
Well since my car has been pinging lately I decided to retard the timing. So I did, and never went for a test drive to see how i was running. I took it from 14* to about 10*. So I closed the hood, and about 2 hours later had to go to work. I was halfway through my drive and decided to give it a little gas to see how much power I lost, if i could even feel it. Holy ****, no POWER at all! Like absolutely nothing. Felt like I had 4 cylinders. SO I park outside of the mall where I work and go into because I had to go to work I didn't have time to look at anything. Halfway walking into the mall, I got it! I forgot to plug the spout back in haha. So I was running on 10* total timing. Mwuahahaha.

I've done that before! :bang: Now I put the SPOUT wherever my keys are so when I grab one I'm sure to grab the SPOUT too if I forgot about it.

- hindsight is 20/20

thats soo funny, i thought i was the only one. One morning on the way to work, i was wondering why my car had no power after i had messed with the timing.......long story short......now there is a peice of #12 soild wire loop where the spout used to be lol

Someone picking up trash on the road somewhere probably thinks its some special "chip".

Heres another story, from like 3 days ago...
I had to get my car inspected so my friends dad owns an emissions/inspections/repair shop so I took it there and he popped my hood to find
One socket, and 3 or 4 sockets on the battery.
Its like a 45 minute drive to there lol. There were some all around the battery as well.

Synned said:
Heres another story, from like 3 days ago...
I had to get my car inspected so my friends dad owns an emissions/inspections/repair shop so I took it there and he popped my hood to find
One socket, and 3 or 4 sockets on the battery.
Its like a 45 minute drive to there lol. There were some all around the battery as well.

thats because you got an aode vert lol