One Off Convertible Issue On My 2nd Vert.

Shimmie4.6

Mar 31, 2016
hey guys new to the site long time reader. i'm on to my 4th stang its a 98 gt vert.

I like to back track a tad, to explain the full situation.
I was fixing the auto shiftier housing the other day and i ripped the O/D button so when i was sodering it back together i made the bone head move of not disconnecting the battery. so when i got them sodered back together they touched. spark. ugh.
so any way i just replaced the whole O/D wire, CJ pony parts had a nice clean new one. well i got it all back together then O/D didn't show on dash and convertible top was silent. ugh again

so in short i have the motor not making noise when i push on the relay. i checked all the fuses under hood and dash, they looked good (is there a specific number i need to check i don't have the manual, and i'm more familiar with foxes). I'm not getting any clicks from the motor, so is that the relay behind the rear seats? i had a 93 vert back in the day but never had a top problem so i'm kinda a noob to test for it. there is no leaks or nothing. parking brake light shows on dash so thats good. is there a ground for all of those that would have gotten messed up with the spark from the O/D cause wires all seem to loop together. any help would be great. again lov the site.

• Sponsors (?)