One Way Check Valve

Just get rid of the entire PCV system and put a breather on the valve cover. Then when your tired of oil spewing out of it weld some bungs onto the valve covers and run some lines to a catch can. Or on second thought do the catch can first.

• Sponsors (?)

So really though what's the general consensus that the provided method w the 6-8 lb kit isn't sufficient enough or are we enthusiasts just being enthusiastic? The op didn't say he had signs of blow by, he was just being cautious. We're talking about the 8 lb kit here guys, the waters are getting muddied with guys running 17 lbs and giving an example of what they use. Is the op safe running the supplied vortech method? @84Ttop

So really though what's the general consensus that the provided method w the 6-8 lb kit isn't sufficient enough or are we enthusiasts just being enthusiastic? The op didn't say he had signs of blow by, he was just being cautious. We're talking about the 8 lb kit here guys, the waters are getting muddied with guys running 17 lbs and giving an example of what they use. Is the op safe running the supplied vortech method? @84Ttop

I have an issue at 8lbs no pcv no more issues

My opinion, most cases a check valve simply isn't needed. However, eliminating the pcv system all together and venting the crankcase to the atmosphere has proven to work the best for me in even a street type application

Reactions: 1 user
Why?...ive seen a few cars run like that what is the disadvantage of it?
When you have a breather setup, it acts like a push-pull system. It has 2 functions. One is to release crankcase pressure (like the PCV valve) , and the other is to provide a source of fresh air to to crankcase (like the tube from the valve cover to the throttle body).

If you use breathers and a PCV system, the breathers will pull unmetered air into the crankcase and then the PCV valve will vent a portion of that air back into the intake manifold. This introduces unmetered air into the combustion chamber. Sometimes it's not enough for people to notice, and it can even be tuned around at times. It's just not the best option to mix the two systems.

few pics

uploadfromtaptalk1410356772916.jpg

I have the whole catch can system waiting to go in...i have a friend telling me to run the PCV with the catch can he does and he said it works fine...i see him drive his it also is a boosted car makes sick power runs great so i might try it if it doesnt work i will just pull the PCV and cap it i still will have my vented valve cover to the can anyways.

I have no PCV. I ran a hose from the bung on the factory valve cover below the oil fill spout to a Moroso vented catch can. "Very similar to what Madspeed posted"
Simple little settup and the crankcase can breath freely. There are no drive-ability or other issues whatsoever. Runs Perfect!
Ever so often I check and drain the catch can, however I very rarely have much come out.
If you look at the pic, you can see the black hose going to the catch can mounted on the coil cover.
IMG_20140429_134044_035.jpg

I have the whole catch can system waiting to go in...i have a friend telling me to run the PCV with the catch can he does and he said it works fine...i see him drive his it also is a boosted car makes sick power runs great so i might try it if it doesnt work i will just pull the PCV and cap it i still will have my vented valve cover to the can anyways.
So many methods and opinions on this matter it seems. I was thinking about running a can in conjunction w pcv like your buddy. Do you know how he ran his lines? Oh and I emailed vortech and they claim that their supplied re-routing method "absolutely" works...
Ps: I'm thinking about trying the whole Huskey air compressor can thing.

I pulled the pcv out of my car and blew in it and some air did go through it was not sealed like a proper 1 way check valve is.. I also went to auto zone and they got me a turbo coupe pcv and it was not absolutely sealed either some air did go past it. Is a proper PCV valve suppose to act like a 1 way valve? Absolutely no air should make it past it?

Correct.

Blow-by occurs because combustion gasses are leaking past the piston sealing rings. Typical with a engine with some miles on it. A fresh engine doesn't or shouldn't experience a blow-by issue, leastways not to the extent that the flow through the PCV is greater than the valve can handle.

Correct.

Blow-by occurs because combustion gasses are leaking past the piston sealing rings. Typical with a engine with some miles on it. A fresh engine doesn't or shouldn't experience a blow-by issue, leastways not to the extent that the flow through the PCV is greater than the valve can handle.
Say a guy has a fresh motor and adds a blower, will the pcv be up to task?

I posted about my 88vert above.
I also installed a V1 on my '89 SSC back in 2005. It had a stock PCV in place. I used a vented oil fill cap with the bungs capped off on the throttle body and oil filler tube on the valve cover. 8 years that I owned it supercharged making 10psi, never had an issue.
Guess I've been lucky on both my cars.