ONLY 280HP OUT OF THIS COMBO!!!

• Sponsors (?)

With AFR 165's that seems a bit low to me if it was on a Dynojet. My buddy dynoed at 299hp with Explorer heads (production stock), an X303 cam, knockoff Performer intake and the usual stuff to go along with it.

:EDIT:

Actually now that i think of it, his is a 10.5:1 347 so that might be about right for just a 306.

alot depends on what you asked of Ed...if you asked for peak power at upper RPM I could see 310-320 but usual I've seen from most mild street afr/fti combos would be 300-320. My guess is you have an excellent broad torque curve and HP band..and IMO that's more important than peak numbers.

yea i emailed him the dyno charts and he said the problem is that it was way to lean. He said i need to get a chip burned to deliver more fuel. Anyone know where I can get this done or atleast how much it should cost? Thanks guys.

Call or e-mail Don at LaSotaRacing he can burn you a mailorder chip for about $275 I think, we have a similar combo, altough I don't know your cam specs, and I have rpm intake, maybe one of my latest tunes can work for you....... ;)

don't get a mail order chip. Every car is different, so the mail order tunes are not accurate. I battled with a JMS chip for a few years. I'd sell it to you for $100, but it probably won't work with your computer. Go with a tweecer. Or see if someone local can dyno tune and burn a chip based on your run.

first, take off CAPS LOCK.

second, see what ed says. like Mike was sayin, i hope that you used the upgraded springs. if you didnt you might as well have 4 toes on one foot: you can get by, but damn, would it be nice to have it done right the first time?

The ported cobra isn't a problem.

You didn't post any info on your tune or a/f so its hard to offer help.

I personally would tune it yourself with a tuning device.

Whats the rpm range on your camshaft?

yea i dont really think the intake has anything to do with the problem because that was taken into consideration when I ordered the camshaft. Im not sure of the powerband off hand but on the charts all the power fell into the specs of the powerband. Here is something that I think may be part of the problem. I had an anderson ford motors n/a powerpipe on it the puts the maf into the fender well when it got dynod. I just got it home and it occured to me on the way home that maybe that is the problem. I took out the powerpipe and now just have an elbow coming off of the throttle body with the maf on the end of it and now when I rev it it revs a lot faster and sounds alot better. I took it for a spin and I think it does feel a little better but im not sure if its just noticable because I know I did it or what.

what size MAF do you have?
if its a 75, the 80s work better in the fenderwell. but to tell ya the truth.... thats not your problem.
cobra intake ported is a nice option and should get you over the 300 mark.

yea well thats what im not sure of. I had the 80 in the fender and it seems to rev alot better out of the fender. I dont know if it has anything to do with the short distance the air has to go considering after the meter its just an elbow and its right to the throttle body.

Im pretty sure the guy said that gearing didnt effect the hp #'s. Either way no matter what gear is in it he said 280 to the wheel. So regardless that is all I have at the wheels. But yes he did say that the motor was probably about 310hp or so at the flywheel. Im just trying to figure out what could be holding back some power. I figured atleast 3something to the wheels.