Roush Opinion on Saleen clones

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by BABstangV6, Oct 21, 2003.

Saleen clones ok

1. Absolutely Not

14 vote(s)
  2. If they have the power to back it up

70 vote(s)
  1. What you guys think?

I am getting a Saleen body kit for christmas. No decals, and the back bumper dosent even say Saleen. I was just seeing what you guys thought
  2. Check my sig. save your money for my car :nice:
    . Check todays carolina trader 2001 sec.
  3. i don't see anything wrong with it. the saleen kit looks sweet. beyond the body kit there are many ways you can tell if it is a true saleen. i'd say go for it if that's what you want to do.

4. I say definately yes. Just don't try to pass it on as a real one. :nice:
  5. where is the option for "its not a bad thing"
  6. Ditto. :stupid:

I could appreciate your car for what it is, V6 and all but if you tried to tell me it was genuine, I would give you a big :nonono: .

Why wouldn't the back bumper have Saleen on it? Is it a knock off? :confused:
  7. do what you want, you can even make a clone for all i care!
  8. Some people are satisfied to be "posers".......If it doesn't bother you then go for it....... :lol:
  9. everyone gets to worked up over this, if this guy clones and completely counterfits a saleen, does it really take away from the fact you have a real one, in my not so humble opinion, no.

i love my saleen, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
  10. I gotta add my two cents..........It's YOUR car, do with it as YOU want! I bought my 96 GT with the whole Saleen treatment (except for the wheels). It was a good deal and all the "show parts" were already on so I felt that now I don't have to worry about it (and the fact that the previous owner installed 4.10 gears and flowmaster mufflers didn't hurt.) But when people ask me if it's real and I say NO.....I get some guff for it but until somone decides that they want to buy me a real Saleen, that's the way it's gonna be. Whew!

P.S. Here's a pic for the people who want to see what a CLONE looks like.

Attached Files:

11. This is mine:

Attached Files:

12. mike,

i saw your car not that long ago at the ford show at Landmark Ford a couple months back. My car was parked right next to yours for a bit. NICE CAR!
  13. OH! Was it the Purple one with th 03 Cobra wheels?? Cuz I just ran out of film right as I turned around and saw your car! Man was I miffed! You've got a nice car car too.....BTW, do you have any pics of your car? I still have trouble picturing the 03 Cobra wheels on a Saleen-ized Mustang.....thanks, laterz.

14. yeah, that was my car. the original owner sold the orginal wheels, it had the chrome wheel option originally. it had 16" ponies on it when i got it! the 03 Cobras look good for now and i got a great deal until i can raise the funds for actual Saleen wheels.

what's your email, i shot a great pic this past weekend in front of the skyline downtown.
  15. I think its cool to put the kit on ur car. I just dont see why everyone puts the windshields lettering and side stripes on too. I mean i dont get it. I also have real mixed opions on V6 mustangs being suped up, sometimes im like well its ok whatever they want. But then i see them at the races getting tore up and its just a disgrace, i dunno.

16. It looks dorky without the decals IMO.
  17. I have the Saleen kit and Speedline rims on my car, but I dont pass it off as a Saleen. I like the look, but its not a real Saleen, so I wasn't going to put the stickers or stripes.
  18. I have a 89 Saleen clone. At first I didn't have the stripes an decals and it just didn't look right. I like it much better with the stripes. It makes the fenders look more flared.

19. I dont think there is anything wrong with anyone who wants to kit a car. The Saleens look good and no one will argue that, they just happen to be a little out of reach for most. My car came from the dealer with the Kit and the Borla as a brand new car. Has all the badges and stuff, but some punks out here keep ripping them off, its just not right... So i say go for it, but like others say, just dont try to pass it off as a real one.

Attached Files:

20. What you do with you car is your choice. Add all the body, interior, suspension, engine, & driveline parts you want. :D

But, if someday you pass the car on to someone else, be honest about what your car really is or isn't.