Opinion on vendors incomplete shipping practices

67topless

Mar 31, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone,

Want to see if you have had this experience before with any vendors such as I am currently working on. I placed an order on March 30th and received the first two packages today from FedEx Ground. Both packages were undamaged and tapped and stapled (with no signs of previous entry). However, I am short a couple of items that were listed as included in the shipment - coil spring insulators - upper shock tower cap (one shock tower cap was included, but I ordered two).

Now first of all, please don't take these comments as an attempt to flame this vendor as I am still in the process of dealing with them and they have been courteous and professional (why I have not mentioned the name yet).

When I called them up to ask about the missing items, the first question they asked was did I open the packages with the FedEx guy present. My answer was no... my wife signed for the packages and she is pregnant and sick. Now the boxes are clearly marked "Check Package in Carrier Presence", however, my before mentioned wife isn't about to argue with the delivery guy who wants a signature so he can get to his next destination; all she wanted to do was get back to the couch so she doesn't get nauseated! :D

Well with this long winded explanation so far... I guess all I want to know is if this has happened to you, did the vendor require you to file a claim with FedEx (or appropriate shipping company)? I know that there are some deadbeats out there that want to cheat honest companies out of there products... but the items I am missing are with out a doubt the cheapest parts on my order (just a few pennies short of 1k).

Not sure what I was expecting when I placed the call to them... but it wasn't file a claim and call me back. :bang:

Any comments out there?

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

krash kendall said:
Was there a packing slip for each box? The company in question wouldn't be Windsor-Fox would it?

Nope, not Windsor-Fox. But you bring up a great point... there were two boxes and neither had a packing slip or invoice. I received an invoice via e-mail, but half the parts are on back-order.

Ahh the frustrations! I will say one thing though... I did not call to place my order. I just completed the transaction on-line as I new what it was I wanted. Had I called, maybe they would have told me about the items on back-order.

But back to your point... how does one know if something is missing if a packing slip is not included!?!

Things that make you want to go hmmmmmm. :shrug:

I agree about the packing slip... however, I have never dealt with this company before. But this is no small shop as they are a major Mustang classic parts dealer (and late model as well).

Hopefully it will get straightened out soon.