opinions needed

MR GT

Dec 13, 2003
South Florida
I have been looking for a Cobra or GT locally here in South Florida, I have come across a nice cobra 1995 w/83,000 miles. a few mods mainly suspension and exhaust otherwise stock. I know I can get the car for $9,000.00 I am shooting for $8,000.00 he is asking 10,000 obo. My question is lets say he doesn't budge any lower than 9k, should I go for it or should I just buy a regular Gt for anywhere around $4-$5,000.. Is the cobra really worth the extra cash?????I have the money for the cobra but sometimes I wonder if I should just buy the GT and mod it. Not too crazy on the mods just an all around performer.... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

If your going to build up the Cobra (heads, cam, intake) then I would just save myself a lot of money and buy a GT and mod that. If you can get a GT for 4.5k-5k then that leaves you with around 4 grand that you saved from not buying the Cobra to mod the GT. With that money you can get a nice H/C/I GT and possible even supercharge it at the same time.

I have to agree. 9,000 is a little expensive for a cobra with that many miles on it. If you can really get a GT in good condition for 4-5,000 then you have some thinking to do. The GT is a better car to modify as it costs less and there is nothing on the cobra so good that you would not replace it with better stuff anyway. But if you want a fast street car that a few mods will make really mean then a cobra might not be a bad choice. The key is whether you want stock good, or modified good.