Opinions on a Foxinator

Sicarius428

Jan 6, 2004
Hello,
Recently my Ujoint let loose on my driveshaft. One of the caps is MIA and well... Not sure how but my TKO600 case is cracked pretty good and I am an unhappy camper. I am at a crossroads and was debating by either buying another TKO which will run me about 3k when everything is said and done or going for a terminator drivetrain. According to California, as long as I swap all the smog equipment and it doesn't throw any codes, I can legally register(go to the REF of course) it which is the game plan if I go through with this. I have always loved the termi and the fox but don't have the space for both... Think I should run with it? Opinions, suggestions and criticism is welcome. I understand that I can probably build a fairly stout motor for less but I already have the IRS in the back and I have an afinity for the unusual or neat... supercharged 4.6 does fit the bill there... ideas?
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

The best part of the 93 Cobra in the link is the rear seat and quarter trim panels. I believe he fit the 94+ stuff in there with the Mach 460 and retain the fold down back seat.

And yeah, 3K won't get you a Termi motor and it will barely get you the trans. 6spds from D & D Performance are over 3K now, unfortunately. This swap will cost you at least 8-10 grand. I see Termi's at auction all the time. They bring 6,500 if they are absoultely killed all over, which raises question if all the parts will still be good. If you want everything to be good, then most likely the car is repairable and you'll be spending 10-13K.

My cousin had the 93 MYSTIC Cobra. He bought if off Aaron Stiles, kept it a year and sold it to some guy in Washington state for the same price he bought it for 25k. I believe my cousin said the guy in Washington was selling it not sure how much though. That car got so much attention it was rediculous. It didnt win best of show at the Summit Mustang show, they gave it to a 67 Shelby gt500. Those guys ruin everything.

Well I have a lead on a wrecked 03 cobra for 7500(still driveable)... My motor is tired as it is... rear main leaking and the normal 140k shortblock issues... The cobra has almost 100k on it which is my only consern. 4.6s are stout... especially the cobra shortblock so that is reassuring. All the cool names are taken so if I run with this idea, I might dubb this one Cox... Cobra+fox... bet nobody has taken that yet. lol. Decisions decisions. I figure I would swap the complete interior. How did people doo the door panels? I saw some pics of some sn95 dashes but the door handles look like they interfere... Is is possible to trim the sn95 door panel to fit the fox? The mechanical aspect doesn't have me worried but the wiring seems like a nightmare to blend the two which is why I would probably swap the complete dash and whatnot. How does the steering column line up? Would I have to cut my firewall up to get the right angle... On a plus side.. changing plugs will finally be cake.
Kevin

Could be cheaper... definately simpler. But to break the 400hp mark NA is pretty hard... even for a stroker AND pass smog. Not arguing with you... just trying to convince myself actually. Say the transmission in my case costs 3k... Cost of this cobra minus 3k leaves me honestly enough to get a built shortblock with some change. I can probably part out a few things from the cobra to actually bring the actual cost down a bit. I already have IRS which usually fetches about 1k for example... Still trying to convince myself as you can see. lol
Kevin

Does anybody know of a place that will fix my TKO? I guess I should do that for cost sake...
True about the 351 setup... I don't think I will pass the visual here in CA... which also means I have to find a 351 block from a car and not a truck that is newer than 90 in order to take it to the REF.
Thats what I say but I was getting schooled on apparently copywrited names. lol
Kevin