Opinions requested

Soccer13en

Mar 13, 2004
St. Louis, Mo
I need some opinions on my thought: I have many large chips in my front bumper and I am contemplating the idea of getting the lebra style cover for the front end. My mustang is a 1998 with the bronze yellow factory color (check my link for pics). I want to have the opinions of my fellow respected stangers before do it, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I face the same issue you do, but I assure you, mine is MUCH worse since the previous owners didnt wash/wax the car ofen...if at all. I would suggest getting a whole new bumper cover and THEN putting the bra on it (like i plan to do). Although the bra looks like crap, it will protect my car since it is a daily driver. The days I want to cruise in style, I take it off (and clean the bra). If i get chip from then, who cares. Like 98stangridah said, it's pointless to get JUST the bra at this point, unless you like the way it looks and want to cover up the battle scars.

My problem is, I'm really short on cash, otherwise I would go get a new bumper. But getting a new bumper requires alot of finishing before it can be put on as well. If anyone has gone and replaced the front bumper or knows how much it costs, please let me know, I might be interested (waiting for tax return).

A body shop around me estimated that it'd be about 550 for one bumper to be ordered, primed, painted, and installed, another one said 500. Go online and find a primed bumper online for about 100 bucks, install it yourself, and have a body shop paint it (unless you are skilled at paint blending). Install is just removal of all the retaining screws, some are non-reusable so just spend a few bucks for some new ones and a car manual unless you already got one.

I also have a bra on my car because I do lots of commuting to school and work and I got tired of cleaning dead bugs and crap from my bumper.

If you go the bra route, get a Ford one as oppossed to a third party company. And if you are low on cash, look on ebay. I got mine for $50 bucks on ebay and it was brand new Ford Bra.