Opinions wanted! Gear swap price.

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
Well my project is getting underway and the first thing I'm doing is ditching my 3.27s for some 4.10s. I've called 7 decent area shops and 3 referred me to the same shop because they specialize in rear ends and do a lot of work with street/strip cars.

For 650 bucks they will:

- Completely gut the housing
- Clean it out
- Install the 4.10s
- Take apart and inspect the posi
- Put in all new clutch packs

Does this sound right? This includes the price of seals, fluids, and clutch packs. I am supplying the ring and pinion and shims. I think its a little steep but not too out of line to get done right.

- Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds a little steep. I had the shop supply gears and bearings, take out the diff., clean it all, install gears, bearings, new fluid, etc. (basically everything EXCEPT supply new clutchpacks - they took them out and they were still good) for 600 even. And that's with $200 gears

It does seem steep to some but i payed 600 for the same thing. I did not care because Pro-Gear is one of the best rear end shops in So Cal. They did my truck perfect, my dads mustang perfect, and mine perfect. No noise, vibrations, or anything and they give 100% satisfaction. So i had no problem paying a little more.