SN95 Optima Battery, Which One?

I have a very good hook-up with Optima battery and wondering which one do I get? My battery is relocated in the trunk and is sealed off by an aluminum rear seat delete, so I am not exposed to the fuel cell and battery per NHRA rules. But, I don't don't know which one to get, as far as the model type. I do know I am going to get the yellow top, just because I get 50% of Optima batteries. There's model 51, 75/25, 31, 34, 35, 27F, 51R, 34/78....no idea which one to get? They range from 450 cranking amps to 900 cranking amps.

• Sponsors (?)

Buy the biggest battery that will fit in your battery box and has the highest number of Cold Cranking Amps. The models refer more directly to the group size of the battery than anything. I personally wouldn't even consider a batter under 800 cold cranking amps

Their billet brackets are pretty sweet and totally legal so long as you have that aluminum firewall as described above. Keep in mind that if you are trying to comply with the NHRA rules of trunk mounted batteriers, you will need a master battery shut off switch as well :)

Wow, 7 years is really good. I think I may go with yellow top? Probably last me through 3 mustangs. lol
At the time it was a great buy, but looking at the price of them now I don't think I would buy another one unless I had to side mount a battery. If you're getting a discount go for it, just look at the date on the battery. A lot of them sit due to low product movement compared to other batteries.

I've had a few red tops. Never felt like I got my money out of any of them. My diehards and interstates without a doubt outlasted them. I wouldn't buy an optima again, discount or no discount. IMO, they are just eye candy.

Interstates can be had at Costco pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure kirklands were just rebadged interstates too.

My red top hasn't been in a car or charged in like 2 years and still has a half ass charge lol

Only bought it because I had a billet bracket setup. It's nice. But expensive. Then again, every battery is these days.