Options for redoing front seats?

RysRed96GT

I like it FURRY!!!
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2001
Pasadena, MD
What options do I have for replacing my front seats? Can I buy "covers" for the leather? Do I have to buy new seat units? Or, should I just take it to an upholstery shop?

What would average prices be for these? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would not go with seat covers, they just look cheezy to me.

You can get replacement covers where you need to take off the current cloth/leather and put on a whole new cover. You need some Hog Ring pliers and that is about it I think to do it. Sometimes a steamer comes in handy.

You can probably get a upholstery shop to do it for not much.

~K

if i could ever afford it, i would love to re-upholster my seats with the same type of soft leather that they use in lexus' and infiniti's. my mom has an 2005 ES330 and my dad a 2006 G35 Coupe and the leather in both of their cars is super comfortable and soft. after the 30,000 miles on the Lexus and 45,000 miles on the Infiniti (dad drives alot) the leather still looks almost new.

i wonder where to get that type of leather and how much it would cost.

the driver's side is electronically controlled, and i think the seat belt receptor for it needs to be clicked when driving or the dinger will go off. The passenger side seat is just on basic rails with a manual bar to move it back and forth.

I have often wondered this myself. My passanger seat looks new...

How are you guys wearing your seats out?

My '03's seats still look pretty new. There are only a couple small wrinkles in the driver's side and none on the pass side. I've seen 99-04 cars with driver's seats all dried out and cracked. Mine are still soft and gentle to the touch. No dried out wrinkles anywhere

I don't even do any special maintainence, i just wipe them down every couple weeks with meguiars leather wipes and they stay soft.

It's not like i don't drive either. It's my daily driver with 52K on it

i need to redo the front seats in my car too. i guess all the days out in the sun with a black car and black leather took its tole on the seats. they were all cracked up when i bought it. probably werent taken care of very well. i need both sides.

my drivers seat is smoked.. i sat in my passanger seat the other night (i was a little drunk) and the passanger seat felt so nice.. i will be looking for options for re doing my seats this summer sometime..