Options on rear control arms

Dan P.

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
N.C.
I was in a crash December last year and I think there might have been some damage to the rear lower control arms. I am trying to find a good replacement for the stock ones. I think that the bushings are shot and the rear shock mount rubs the back of the control arm. I have come up with some options, one being the Pro3 that is sold on stangnet. Which ones have you guys used? Tell me what you think.

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Pro3-Mustang-Lower-Control-Arms-79-04-m176.html

Thanks,
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a preference for one brand of lower arm over another.

What I would look for is greasable bushings and/or graphite impregnated bushings. I had a set with just plain polyurethane bushings which I wound up selling to a friend. He had them on a 91LX coupe with a 351W and it squeaked so bad it was almost unbearable to ride in. My friend wound up giving them to a guy for the cost of the guy to swap some stock lower arms back in.

The Pro3s say that they are "Street/Race Arms come equipped with special teflon lined spherical bearings on the axle side, and greasable polyurethane 3 Pc bushings on the chassis side". This seems to be okay and will keep the boxes from being damaged. I have not had a chance to take a good luck under the back of the car, but I will take some pics when I do. Thanks for the info Red and Anlushac11.

Dan