Order for April? Advice

My wife and I are ordering an 06 GT convertible and want it in April. We live in Michigan and should be over the nasty weather by then. (Perhaps you saw the Mustang convertible commercial about introducing a convertible in the winter.) One dealer is telling us to place the order in Dec, the other is saying mid-Feb is soon enough. The second one says if we ordered it the end of Dec we'd get it in mid-Feb. The second dealer does seem to do a bigger business in Mustangs and usually has 2-3 times as many Mustangs on his lot. He says that's why he can get the Mustangs quicker - he is on a higher priority. He's also about $100 better on the deal.

Does anyone know if this info is correct? Would one dealer have a higher priority than another based on sales, or anything else?

We want it for the spring, not later in the summer. But we don't want it in the winter. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

• Sponsors (?)

They are correct, "Turn 'em to earn 'em" is the mantra when it comes to vehicle allocation for any line. Those that sell the most, earn the most allocation. Depending on your options will also make your waiting time longer, if you want the 18" Bullit wheels, order now, average wait time is five months.

Thanks Dyoct - Here are the options we will order. Perhaps we can get an idea if any will pose a problem or delay.

GT Premium Convertible, Redfire w/ black top, Charcoal leather IUP, Auto Trans. We'll have the dealer add the electrochromatic mirror w/compass, temp & homelink, and black vinyl between taillights.

I plan to add a light bar, sequencial turnsignals, underdrive pulleys, CAI w/custom tune - but am open to suggestions for other (not too radical) performance upgrades.

That's about it.