Orderd 2011 Mustang GT 9.5 weeks ago. No vin yet.

• Sponsors (?)

Well i talked to the dealer yesterday, and the build date got moved back to October 4th, with a delivary date of October 17th.

Wanna bet it gets moved back again.

He said ford isnt planning on ramping up production on any vehicles. They said they waited 5 months for a custom order Expedetion this year.

Crazy

Burns331,
My tracking details show my order date as July16th, order sent to plant Sept 16, in body shop Sept 20. The ETA is Oct 15. I am happy it is actually in process!
I bet I'll get delivery after the ground is frozen hard here in New England.

Best of luck,

Bill

I finally got my tracking details on the car. Maybe its the Build sheet? It looks like the window sticker of the car. It says its method of transp. is Rail.

Where will it say when the car will/was built/ and will be delivered?

When custom ordering a 2011 ... How does the financing work? Do they have the price and you get an approval from Ford credit? When do you sign the paperwork? When do you start making the payments?

I live in Michigan and there are plenty at every dealer... I live in Dearborn and there are atleast a couple hundred of them parked near the Ford HQ... Love looking at them lol

Maybe someone can have Ford release their car to me so I can deliver it to you at no charge and quick! :D: Better than waiting that 1 month shipping time...

Good luck everyone hope you all get yours soon!

I finally got my GT/CS this last weekend, actually it was waiting on me the 29th of Sep. I was in NY for business since the 18th so I had to wait until this last weekend to actually get in and drive it, and it was worth waiting for since Jul 14th. I will post some pics very soon, just have'nt had time to do it yet.

Well i talked to another person at the dealership and he told me that it was waiting to be shipped. So who knows. Kind of frusterating, that the dealership doesnt know whats going on? ARRRGGGG

Well i talked to another person at the dealership and he told me that it was waiting to be shipped. So who knows. Kind of frusterating, that the dealership doesnt know whats going on? ARRRGGGG

As a Ford dealer, it is frusterating for us too. But there is much more that goes into ordering a car. We are only given basic information as to build date and delivery and that is subject to change whenever Ford feels like it. If they have to hold the cars back to move others out or if there is a material hold (parts), that can also push things back. If you have a VIN, the car is ordered. Just gotta wait it out. Wish we dealers had more info too! I've got a done deal on a Shelby Convertible that I can't run because the car is on Material Hold and who knows when Ford will release it. He'll be waiting at least two months. I don't :taco: foot. I'd rather tell folks its going to be long wait rather than telling them it'll be here next week and then just piss them off when the car doesn't arrive. I've been in the biz too long to deal with BS like that! So just be patient. HOpefully your dealer has done all they can.

Burns, my question is what did you order that they can't locate from another dealer?? Pretty muich every order I've taken i've either had one in stock or was able to find one locally. You must have ordered a real "option bastard" Mustang!? :)

Kona Blue GT premium with the full appearance package. Its not really loaded at all.

I wanted to do business with this dealer, and i looked around and couldn't find one 5.0. I haven't seen one on any lots any where near where i am.

Im not blaming them for anything really other than being wrong on the lead time. I blame ford some because guys on here have ordered after me by months and received them months ago..

Kona Blue GT premium with the full appearance package. Its not really loaded at all.

I wanted to do business with this dealer, and i looked around and couldn't find one 5.0. I haven't seen one on any lots any where near where i am.

Im not blaming them for anything really other than being wrong on the lead time. I blame ford some because guys on here have ordered after me by months and received them months ago..

You can't just cancel the order and take a trip to MI and buy one?

There are MANNY here...Every dealer has them.