Ordered 05 GT 1/22/05; still not built yet :(

ZenGirl35

Apr 5, 2005
Hotlanta, GA
Hey guys,

I FINALLY spoke with the inventory manager at my dealership today and got the low-down on my baby (AFTER I ripped him a new one!). He told me that mine order is 2nd in line to be built and should go into production late next week. GRRR!!!

I am getting impatient with this, especially since I placed my custom order (along with my $1000 deposit) on January 22!! They keep telling me she will go on the assembly line late next week and should be delivered by MEMORIAL DAY?!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain. Ordered my GT on 2-9-05 and no word yet. Also placed a $1000 deposit. My car was #6 3 weeks ago and is now #5. BFD! Getting really frustrated. What is the 800 number? Good luck to all that have ordered and gotten screwed by Ford and their dealers.

Ford_Tech, you will need either your DORA or your VOC before you call. Have the following information ready:

Dealer Code: 6 character code (use only the 5 numeric values when prompted)
Model Year: 2005
Body Type: 3 character code (mine is T82 - GT Premium)
Either VIN or Order Number: Can be found on your DORA or VOC. If you get a VOC, the Order Number might be the dealers internal number. You will have to call the dealer and get the actual order number that was assigned when it was submitted to the factory.

Call 800-962-3746 once you have this information. It is a auto-attendant/voice reponse system. Follow the prompts and speak clearly.

Hope this helps.

Blk05Retro said:
Call 800-962-3746 once you have this information. It is a auto-attendant/voice reponse system. Follow the prompts and speak clearly.

Hope this helps.

This 800 number is brought to you by the letters C and U.

Get used to the phrase "clean and unscheduled". :notnice: Can you say that? I knew you could! :D

I ordered my GT 1/21/05. It was finally built the week of 3/28. Make sure your dealer has allocation - ask them how many GT's they are getting per month. It doesn't matter what place in line you are - if they don't have allocaion you will never get the car.

2 ahead of me

I was told there were 2 ahead of me. What can dealers only get these cars one at a time or something. I was told that the other 2 have gotten build dates. I ordered mine on 1/13 and as of 4/5 c/u.

Finnally serialized!

I ordered mine from Bay Area Ford in Clear Lake, Texas on the X-Plan about 8 weeks ago. I just called the 800# a few minutes ago and found out I am now serialized!! :D

Ford Tech said:
I feel your pain. Ordered my GT on 2-9-05 and no word yet. Also placed a $1000 deposit. My car was #6 3 weeks ago and is now #5. BFD! Getting really frustrated. What is the 800 number? Good luck to all that have ordered and gotten screwed by Ford and their dealers.

that is what happened to us when we reached end of allocation. :(

Hey guys:

You are absolutely correct about dealer allocation. I didn't realize/make this connection until today. Even though I ordered mine on 1/22/05 (with X-plan and $1000 deposit) the dealers are only alloted a certain number per month. This REALLY pisses me off, because there are tons of Ford dealerships in Atlanta and I chose one of the more prestigious ones (bad mistake) thinking this may speed up the process - not!! If I had known all of this back in January, I would have driven way the hell out to a remote dealership to order mine.

PS - Mine is currently 2nd in line at my dealership for assembly (and has been since February). My inventory manager insists mine will be on the assembly line next week - keep your fingers crossed.

Sent: Fri 4/8/2005 2:50 PM
To: Bassett, Shannon
Cc:
Subject: 1ZVHT82H855209604
Attachments:

Shannon-
Here is your VIN#. There is still no build date,
though I suspect we might have one next week. If you have any questions,
please feel free to email me. I've moved desks, so my PC and internet are a
little moody right now. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

WOOHOO!! :D :rolleyes: :banana: :lol: :nice:

ZenGirl35 said:
Sent: Fri 4/8/2005 2:50 PM
To: Bassett, Shannon
Cc:
Subject: 1ZVHT82H855209604
Attachments:

Shannon-
Here is your VIN#. There is still no build date,
though I suspect we might have one next week. If you have any questions,
please feel free to email me. I've moved desks, so my PC and internet are a
little moody right now. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

WOOHOO!! :D :rolleyes: :banana: :lol: :nice:

If you've got a VIN.....you'll get built. VIN tells you that all the parts for the car are set aside for the build. Good sign.

I'd say it's a couple week wait between VIN # and build. Another couple of weeks for delivery.

GSAgentED said:
iv been waiting since 11/06/04 dont feel too bad

12/7/04 here

5 months and still clean and unsecheduled. Meanwhile I hear people on this list ordering after me and still getting theirs.

I am going to start car shopping this weekend. Screwit, I might as well look at maybe an '04 GT0 or maybe even an SUV. I had at rental SUV while out of town this week and I kinda liked it (being higher up, more room, and this one had a decent bit of power to it).

For X-Plan, do you have to custom order or can I buy off the lot? I may just buy one off a dealer floor and compromise on some features.

No, you don't have to special order with X-plan. You can buy right off the lot. That's how I bought my 04 GT with X-plan. Actually, my dealership at the time didn't have a shadow gray in stock and had to pull from another dealership.

ZenGirl35 said:
No, you don't have to special order with X-plan. You can buy right off the lot. That's how I bought my 04 GT with X-plan. Actually, my dealership at the time didn't have a shadow gray in stock and had to pull from another dealership.

Didn't think so. The ******* salesperson told me I had to order it. I'm going to find that find print to verify and throw it in their face.

Unfortunately I still really really want my GT not to have the spoiler, which pretty much requires a custom order. I rented a V6 while out of town last month (Hertz seems to have no problem getting them) and it had a spoiler. I kept thinking my trunk was open. Drove me batty.

I also noticed when I was in the soutthwest I counted 5 05's on the road over the weekend I was there. I have only seen 2 in chicago area so far. I wonder how much allocation is based on geography.