Ordered a TV tonight

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Ordered a LG 60" Full High-Def 1080P 600Hz Plasma. Didn't want a plasma but from what I hear they are a lot better than they used to be. Ordered it from QVC cause my dad works there and gets a discount. Kinda blows that with taxes and the 3 year service contract that for some reason you have to get makes it to where your not saving a ton but it's still a discount non the less. Plus it's on Easy Pay. It's gonna end up being $1430. It will be $286.01 for 5 months which was a big selling point cause I don't want to have to drop like 1400 on a tv at once. It also has free shipping which on a tv that big I bet shipping would be a bitch

Seems to have good reviews. I won't get it till the 24th of next month but I'll let ya's know how it is.

LG 60"Diag. Full High-Def. 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV w/HDMI cable - QVC.com

• Sponsors (?)

We bought a 50" LG plasma before Thanksgiving, got it bundled with the wall mount and a wireless media box for like $900 from ABC Warehouse. I've been really happy with it, haven't noticed anything burning into the screen, even when I've played games like COD where the map stays in one spot for a long time.

Now I'm looking into buying an LG theater setup with built in blu-ray player, but some of the review of the sound are making me think twice.

Scott

I have my Wii hooked up on the living room tv so I don't get to use it much. My parents get a little bitchy when I take over their tv. It's a 42" and I wanted something bigger. My main issue is I don't have room for it in my room lol. Once I switch rooms I will but for now I'm not sure where I'm putting it

i got a 42" sony bravia 1200 hz (not 3d) for $1099 in september and use it for both tv and my computer. it is awesome ... you should see world of warcraft on it!

if i need to use the computer while someone is watching the tv, i use my laptop (the one i use to tune the stang)

Wanted a plasma but truth be told they still have Image retention issues... not as bad as before... Also FWIW i was told you only want a Panasonic plasma they are better on the IR issues and tend to have less problems.

BUT,

But i bought this guy in November for my new place... $900 to my door. Its an LG and i love it so far.

52'' LCD 1080p 120hz true motion.

Dont mind the mess... just was moving in.
View attachment 198016

Stand was $75 on craigslist. and the table was $50... get ready to spend big money for a stand or a table if you wall mount. **** sucks.

Then i picked up this little guy for my birthday last year for $323 shipped to my door. excuse the wires didnt finish the mounting. Toshiba 32'' LCD 720p
View attachment 198017

Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. My original idea was to wall mount whatever I got. Recently I've had the idea running through my head to build a custom tv stand

My sister says her tv has some kinda deal that wipes the screen if something burns in. She might be crazy though (wouldn't doubt it LOL)

Our 50in Samsung Plasma that we bought in like May of 08 has several settings to avoid burn in. It has a pixel shift that shifts images like 1 pixel to help reduce burn in. That and it has a IR burn remover that basically is a bar on the screen that moves across and up and down the screen...I did it once to see what it was but have never had to use it.

I have also heard just changing to an input that has no signal and shows "snow" will remove any burn in as it shifts from white to black in blocks.

I have played wii for hours and only had slight burn in that you can see the outline of when the TV was off but it faded away fast and was not noticeable when we switched from the wii to regular TV.

Keep in mind, the Plasma's are still life limited. The LCDs have no preset running life, and the picture difference isn't that far off. There is suposed to some new technology coming out that has better quality than both, and no life limit.

Kurt

Tv came Monday. So far I can't give any real review on it. I have it sitting on the floor on an angle so the picture don't look that great. I'm sure once I get it straight it will look better. Still working on getting the room cleared out so I can put the floor down and walls painted. It's a big bitch that's for sure getting it upstairs was not a simple task lol. I still need to decide on a mount or stand and what home theater setup I want. I have been told to stay away from the all in one things and get a Onkyo setup. Still not sure what I want to do

2011-02-21134750.jpg

I have a gray NES gun somewhere. There is a rebuild kit on ebay for the NES cheap. My friend rebuilt his. If I had time to play video games these days I would rebuiild mine.

Kurt

It fixes all the high wear items. The NES had problems with the interface between the box and the game cartridge, stuff like that. My friend did his rebuild for like $18, and it works flawlessly. I remember blowing in the end of game cartridges when I was a kid.

Kurt