Ordered a TV tonight

The wife got me some hand held controller that plugs into the TV. It has like 300 games loaded into it for xmas one year. Still have it, has all the greats except mega man, Zelda, and super mario 2+ (got those on the Wii though) and even some of the arcade versions on it. Has tetris, excite bike, hockey, contra, 1942, ninja gaiden, castlevainia, and some japan only releases. Still works perfectly and no games to keep track of.

Its just a controller with a chip/board in the controller. It has a plug in for the 2nd controller on one end of the "master Controller". The Master controller has a power supply input and RCA output that goes to the TV. You access the menu screen and pick your game. Really cool.

I tossed my old NES when I got the controller as I did not know they made a repair kit :notnice:...would love to pick up an old NES console now :(.

• Sponsors (?)

I still have mine too. I don't remember what year we got it though. My one brother in law gave me a ton of games for it that I still have too. My other sister kept trying to talk me into giving it to her and I kept holding off. I never play it but glad I still have it

Check out avsforums. Those guys are big on breaking in plasmas.

Every flat panel tv I've researched has "issues". It's really crazy. Panasonic has rising blacks yet u pay for their initial stellar black levels. Samsung had a buzzing issue. LG didn't look as good as those 2 in the sub $900 arena. And these being plasmas. If you will be watching sports I think plasma has a clear advantage.

I think it's just that we don't have hd. Hooking my computer up to it and watching hd youtube videos it looks amazing. Hooked up the ps2 which was cool. Can't wait to get the wii hooked up. I'm also probably gonna get a ps3 very soon for blu ray and ps3 only games

I have both a PS3 and a Wii. Had the PS3 a lot longer, but I think as far as the "fun" factor, the Wii has PS3 beat. Of course lack of an HD connection on the Wii hurts it's graphics a bit, however, after you start having fun playing the games it becomes a moot point! I basically use my PS3 as a media extender to play my HD MP4's from my computer.

I used to own a Panasonic 42" plasma myself and it was my very first flat panel. I loved that tv! Little to zero image retention. The only draw back was it's 720p rating. After seeing the difference of blu-rays on a 1080p set, I was convinced. I sold the Panasonic and bought an LG 55" and I love this TV, A LOT!!! To me, the picture is just as crisp as my plasma was but without all the hassles and upkeep of a plasma ie: not pausing movies too long or leaving game screens on..etc...

On a side note, my father purchased a 50" Samsung plasma last year and he hates it. It you watch like 5 minutes of the weather channel it will have some nasty IR in it. Everyday he has to use the bar to get rid of them! bleh....

The Wii only supports 480 resolution, so not high def. but it will still look ok because its cartoonish. You will like the PS3 when set to 1080. I used to have a 46" Gateway plasma (2003 model...lol) but it started having problems and recently bought a 120mhz 55" Vizio LED-LCD. Holy damn it's huge and less than 2" thick. With a tv this size we needed to upgrade our cable service to HD because the screen gets too fuzzy when stretching 480 lines that far unless you are sitting over 15 feet away or so.

Well little update on things I guess you could call it. Not sure if I mentioned that so far I haven't been able to find the HDMI cable that was supposed to come with the tv. I called QVC and they told me they would ship me me. They called back a few days later and left a message that I would need to call LG. Well I called LG today and they said it's something QVC adds and that I need to contact them (I knew that was gonna happen). I call QVC back and the girl says "well unfortunately that's not something we are allowed to split ship. All I can say is to go buy one and call us back and we will deduct the price of the cable off the tv" Kinda a pain when it's supposed to come with one but at least now I can go buy a good one and make them take the price off the tv lol.

Still planing on picking up a ps3 pretty soon. Still looking at home theater systems too. Too many options

That's pretty dumb of them. I'm sure the one they were shipping was a $10 one from monoprice. Go to best buy and get the pverpriced monster and get a nice discount. Rather amazing how much they mark up cables that simply don't work better.

Very true! I've used 10$ cables from Big Lots and noticed zero difference in picture and sound quality. Since it's a digital signal, I don't see how cheap/expensive cables could even make a difference.