Ordered my BBK ssi Intake Today!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
I took the plung today, I am sick of waiting for someone else to try the new BBK intake. I figure I will try it if I don't like it I will sell it and buy the TFS track heat that I orignally wanted.

It wasn't easy to find, Summit said they couldn't get it till Feb. but Brothers Performance had 1 left and I bought it. Should be here next week. Good luck if any of you guys are looking for one, they are hard to get!

When I get pics I will post them! and when I run it next spring I will let you know what I think.

• Sponsors (?)

Its funny that they are hard to get as I have yet to see a single car with one. Its cool that you are trying it out though, definitely show us picks and let us know how it works for you.

Hey, I'm normally in the 5.0 talk section but this thread caught my eye.

I waited forever with the full intent of getting the SSI when it came out. More than a year I think. It was "two weeks" for at least 9 months, and I finally gave up. Had a line on a new ported GT-40 matched to some AFR heads and I couldn't pass it up.

Subscribing to see how you like it. Part of me wishes I had gotten one, but I couldn't hold the project any longer. I was going to CNC my own top plate for it too, would've been cool! :(

No problem Paul, Thanks. I just can't get over how much I like the different look of it. I figure BBK is a good company and it should be a good piece but time will tell. It may lose out a little to the TFS Track Heat but I ALMOST think it might be worth it in the looks department. I can't believe I am saying that as looks over power usually doesn't win out with me.

69clark said:
Alanw6 - I was also thinking about doing a custom top plate to match my fabricated valve covers. Should look sweet!!

Yes it should. I wanted to do a billet piece with my company logo. In the end, I'm just doing one for the GT-40 instead!

I am really looking forward to seeing the SSI in person, and hopefully some pics soon.

That'll look awesome, the first time I saw the intake it was refreshing to see someone make something that isn't the same old shape that every other intake is. Other than fabricated box upper intakes (such as Hogan, etc...), the SSI is the only different lookin one I have seen. This will really add to the reason I like your car so much, it's got so many different ideas in it, it's just really refreshing to see new things such as the paint, the front bumper, the body color-matched cowl, the older style Paxton VR-4 (don't see too many of those around), the center exhaust/back bumper, and even the wing. You have a nack for makin your car different in a good way :nice:

I first saw the intake Nov. 04 at SEMA, I spoke to BBK and they said they would be out by Jan 05, as we all know that didn't happen. Then in Nov. 05 also at SEMA I visited the BBK booth again and spoke with one of the Murphy brothers (owners) who was awesome to talk to (wasn't a pr!ck like alot of automotive industry business owners can be to the average car guy) and said that they just started shipping the first batch already. He said if you want one you need to get your order in, even if you have to be put on a backorder list, because they are just starting to get rolling on full production and are currently just trying to get caught up on the pre-orders.

95riosnake- Thanks, I really try hard to make my car different yet not rediculous like some of these guys that rice out a mustang (no offense to any Stangnetters that this may offend). It is hard to do something different to such a mass-produced car as a mustang and still be liked and accepted by true diehard mustang fans, dispite the large aftermarket following these cars have.

When I did the the photoshoot with Jim from MM&FF I asked him why he choose my car from all of the great mustangs that attended the show. He basically said about the what you stated about the uniqueness and that everything is well thought out and planned and it all works together nicely as a package. Talk about a compliment, that really made all the work and money well worth it.

THAT GOES FOR ALL YOU GUYS TOO, THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!!!!!