Ordered my Weld Prostars !

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
I ordered my wheels yesterday. I was debating between the 15x8 or the 15x10 for a while but I decided to go with the 15x8 (back). I'll be running some 15x4 skinnies as well. I also ordered a pair of brand spankin new BFG 275/50/17 Drag radials. I'll be running some 165r15 up front.

Talk about weight saving if you compare with my 17x9 chrome wheels !

So everything is on the way. My driveshaft has been sitting near the border since last Friday. My control arms are getting there today. My wheels and tires are getting there tomorrow. HOPEFULLY, I'll have my Pro-M meter by Friday. (or tommorw would be awesome but I think I'm dreaming about this one).

So I'm waiting to get my stuff. Once I have it, I'm changing the driveshaft. Then, I re-install the T5 in the car. MAybe change the control arms in the driveway, not sure if I can do this with no air tools. After that, I need to re-install my longtubes to my O/R H-Pipe. Guages need to be plugged in, if Jim decides to take them off one day :rlaugh: And then, ENGINE is ready to be dropped in. WOOHOO ! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Stangfreak95 said:
Guages need to be plugged in, if Jim decides to take them off one day :rlaugh: And then, ENGINE is ready to be dropped in. WOOHOO ! :D

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Mario I was going to pull them out last night. But I just quit smoking. I was ready to kill anything that pissed me off. Last thing I needed to do was struggle with my dash. Quit smoking + car frustration = Car smashed into little tiny bits :lol: :lol: :lol: . It was bad even WITH the patch on!!

I'll try to give it a shot tonight. Regardless let's setup a time so I can give you a hand installing them as well. Hopefully I'll be very calm by then :D .

Boss 351 said:
coolio! The skinnies go on the back, right? Well put them there if you're going to race me... please :)

:lol:

I just searched a little bit and I found out that (4) 17x9Cobra R (polished) with 245' in front and 275's out back weight at about 230pds total. I'm pretty sure that my 03 Chrome Cobras weight more than that.(bigger wheel spokes). So lets say 240 POUNDS total.

Now my new package (4 tires + 4 wheels) should be at around 165 POUNDS total. :nice:

Saving around 70-75 POUNDS of rotationnal mass :banana:

Stangfreak95 said:
:lol:

I just searched a little bit and I found out that (4) 17x9Cobra R (polished) with 245' in front and 275's out back weight at about 230pds total. I'm pretty sure that my 03 Chrome Cobras weight more than that.(bigger wheel spokes). So lets say 240 POUNDS total.

Now my new package (4 tires + 4 wheels) should be at around 165 POUNDS total. :nice:

Saving around 70-75 POUNDS of rotationnal mass :banana:

Wow lets just say that I'm really impressed by the weight saving now that I have it right in my face. My rear 275/50/15 Drag radials got installed today on my 15 x 8 Prostar wheels. I put the wheels/tire on the scale and I got 44pds per wheel(with air in it) !

I put the skinnie rim on the scale and it weights 10pds each. My skinnie tire are gonna weight 17.7pds each.

Big total: 44 + 44 + 10 + 10 + 17.7 + 17.7 = 143 PDS !! TOTAL

( + air in the skinnies. I wonder how much air weights .. :shrug: )

Was expecting 165 pds but 145 pds is amazing ! :nice: