*ORDERING TOMORROW*.. is this all i need for my 5 lug disc brake[SIZE=1]again[/SIZE]

ridethe93GT

Jul 1, 2005
Things to order
ebrake cables
m2909a
m2810a

plug for MC
m2450a

brake PV

MC adapters from Matt90GT
(do i need to order some for the calipers and where from)

and where can i get the 93 cobra BB and MC???(if i get that i want need the plug or adapters right???)
if i cant find one ill just stay w/ stock BB and get a 94-95 MC

parts i already have
94-95 spindles
96 rear axle
96 front brakes

Thanks, and now its time to spend some money and turn the wrenches :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

i got my 94 v6 booster and cobra mc from advanced auto.i went with new because it wasnt much more than getting used and i had a liite piece of mind knowing that i wasnt getting junk. phil

You can get a rebuilt 93 Cobra brake Booster and that is the best choice as it has the same thread pattern and thread style on the studs as the Fox does.

Dont forget to order 2 M2809A cables

I would not waste my time with those 96 front brakes, at least upgrade to the 99 and up PBR Aluminum Calipers!

the only reason im going with the cobra MC is like shakerhood said....the BB and MC will bolt right up.....if i get the 94+ MC i could use it on my BB but if i decide to get a bigger one i will have to put new holes in the fire wall and all that good stuff...so if i can find the Cobra stuff ill just go w/ that.....

what about all my fittings for brake lines??

aight..... i just ordered all 3 brake cables, PV, and the plug for the MC......i bought a 94 BB and MC at the junkyard today b/c all i could find was a cobra MC, no BB,,,,was going to get the 94-95 spindles but the guy at the junkyard talked me out of it....he said he had did this conversion b4 and that the 94-99 were the same and it would have been a waste of money to buy the 94-95's...so i said ok..well see and save 70 bucks.....so no all i should need are the fitting for the new cal's and they MC....gonna try to get intouch w/ mattweb about the Mc fitting....who can help me w/ the cal's?

ridethe93GT said:
was going to get the 94-95 spindles but the guy at the junkyard talked me out of it....he said he had did this conversion b4 and that the 94-99 were the same and it would have been a waste of money to buy the 94-95's...so i said ok..well see and save 70 bucks

There is a difference. 94-95 spindles are the stock Fox track and 96-04 spindles are 8mm wider each side. Doesn't seem like much, but with an 17x8" wheel and '95 spindles, my tires is already pretty close to the fender lip when i hit bumps.
Offset.jpg

Those are '95 Spindles. It looks like i have room but when you put your hand under the fender the tire comes pretty close to the inner fender well. Now add another 1/4" and you may hit. This is why i run 235/45/17's up front.

ridethe93GT said:
aight..... i just ordered all 3 brake cables, PV, and the plug for the MC......i bought a 94 BB and MC at the junkyard today b/c all i could find was a cobra MC, no BB,,,,was going to get the 94-95 spindles but the guy at the junkyard talked me out of it....he said he had did this conversion b4 and that the 94-99 were the same and it would have been a waste of money to buy the 94-95's...so i said ok..well see and save 70 bucks.....so no all i should need are the fitting for the new cal's and they MC....gonna try to get intouch w/ mattweb about the Mc fitting....who can help me w/ the cal's?

What spindles did he want you to get? 94-95 is what you want for sure, as listed above the 96 and up are wider and will probably rub on you. You should invest in some rack limiters while you are at it to keep your wheels from hitting the A Arms!

brake/spindle things

I ran the 96 spindles with 18X9's and the difference was 1/2 inch further out with the 96 spindles than the 1995 and it rubbed really bad could not drive it like that!
the 1995's with a bump steer kit works really well for me! A 8 inch rim might be better if the clearence is an issue :nice: