Original Speaker Sizes

coachpete

Apr 16, 2008
I have a 1986 GT and there was no radio equipment in the car when I purchased it last week. I am wondering what the original speaker sizes are for this model. I know there are two speakers under the dash pad and two in the trunk but I do not know what sizes the original equipment was. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

My notch took 6x8 in the rear deck. The hatches should be the same.

I put 4-1/4" in the front doors and they were a tad small I think 4.5" would be a perfect fit for the doors.

I have the original from my 92 Hatch that will fit if you are interested. Will sell cheap - they are the Premium Ford speakers that came stock 3 1/2's, 5 1/2's, 6x8's. PM me if you are interested. They are in perfect condition and all work - just took them out as I am putting in a custom system as I redo my interior.

Reactions: 1 user
Dash and Pillar Speakers

Well after getting home and looking at my Mustang I found out that my car only has speakers in the dashpad and in the pillars at the back of the car in the trunk.

I have the original from my 92 Hatch that will fit if you are interested. Will sell cheap - they are the Premium Ford speakers that came stock 3 1/2's, 5 1/2's, 6x8's. PM me if you are interested. They are in perfect condition and all work - just took them out as I am putting in a custom system as I redo my interior.
5 1/2 are stock on a 92 Hatch ? I have some didn't know they fit. On the doors, or front ?