OT: Explorer towing question

Umby

Mar 30, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've got the oppurtunity to pick up a nice 95 exploder with less than 100k dirt cheap and I was thinking about using it as my bands tour bus, so to speak.

The thing is it will have to pull a 4x6 trailer with our equipment weighing in at about 1200 lbs or there about.

Can the 4.0 do it without major problems?

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure about that, I dont personally know why, but for example U-Haul wont even rent you a trailer of any size even if you only wanted to tow one for looks regardless of load. Dont ask me why :shrug: but an assumption would be that there is a flaw somewhere in the explorer that makes it poor to tow loads with.

Edit: For clarity purposes, U-Haul wont rent them if you have an explorer, not just in general lol.

Renting trailers is OK if you only do it a few times. Otherwise just buy one. Don't go to places like Home Depot or anything, they want too much for junk. Instead go to a trailer manufacturer. You could paint it with your bands name and logo and such. Looks very professional.

I've already got the trailer... had it for a long time. I just want to make sure the vehicle will tow it before I lay out the $$$.

And word to the wise... NEVER paint your bands logo on the van or the trailer... its a dead giveaway to whats inside.