OT- forget about HS & College who's OLD here???

It’s weird to see how many IT folks are gear heads here. It suites us though, the analytical thinking required for IT work translates well into mechanical work. I’m a sysadmin/project coor. for Genentech in SSF ca, and there are allot of us here who are into our cars just as much as our work. I am unfortunately one of the only guys who likes mustangs. I guess the intelligence curve here does not always reflect good taste.

• Sponsors (?)

55 Here!!! Guess I win!?!? Have a wife of 29 years (same one, she’s a keeper), and a 14-year old yellow lab. That’s the whole lot. No kids… to hard to train!

BSME from the United States Naval Academy, Class of 1971. Surface line officer in the Navy for nine years. Vietnam vet (never got shot at, unless you count the ship getting shot at!) Have worked as a professional technical communicator for the last 20 years.

Only two years left to pay on the mortgage, then I own that puppy outright! Can you spell “More money for car mods”!?!

Been a “Car Guy” all my life. Before the Stang, spent many years restoring and driving classic Chevy muscle cars: ’65 Impala SS 327, ’70 Chevelle SS 396, ’72 Chevelle SS 350, and a few other earlier models. Got the ’95 GT because I always wanted a 5.0 liter Mustang, and I know the EEC-IV computer controls on it well. Looking really hard at the new 2005… may be tempted!

Welp... I'm 27 years old... Graduating Senior in Mechanical Engineering.. I've been working in engineering for 5 years, and recently took over as the lead engineer at the company I work for. (we manufacture heat treating equipment) Unfortunetly, I was tired of being a boring, sit behind a 22" monitor, and get fatter engineer. Plus I needed something different in my life, because I was in a real rut. A few months ago, me and my girlfriend (fiance) of 8 years split up, which was actually a great thing for both us, since we met at the age of 18, and never really had personalities that meshed all that well. (me easy going engineer, her bite your ass off Lawyer).

So, 6 months ago I lost all the weight (40 pounds), and am now happily at 180, which is great for my 5'-11" height. I hit the gym 5-6 days a week... starting to build the guns, have plans of purchasing an Infinity FX35 this summer, and currently putting money away for a house (damm CA housing prices) .. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm in the process of joining the LAPD, because I figure I could use a little more excitement in my life, plus I figure it will be a lot more rewarding that my current job. Heck, I'll probably meet some "Hot" women doing the LAPD thing, rather than getting that occasional "5" that stumbles into my office, trying to sell me stuff (damm vendors)...

37 years young. I've been married for 11 years and I have a 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy. I've been in law enforcement for a grand total of 15 years now. Ughh time flies !
I recently got rid of my Chevy daily driver. You'd think I'd have learned my 1st time :rolleyes: Anyway, I have 3 Fords in the family now, so no more worries :D

Just turned 38 with a wife of 13 years and a 3.5 yr old little girl that already loves mustangs!! Degree in Geology from Wooster College in Oh and I do environmental cleanup projects all across the country, which has its good and bad with all the travel. Make pretty good money, just under $100k but trying to save a little for the babys college ( that might get interrupted when the '05 comes out!!). Dad was Champion Spark Plugs regional sales manager for over 35 years and learned to love cars from him, first memories and baby pics are of me at races, playing with cars etc.

Sam

Man I had no clue how large the older crowd was.

BIO
32, married 10 years (way too early IMO), 4 year old boy, 2 Houses, a Fourplex, 03 Altima, 03 Taurus Company car and the torn down Stang. University of South Florida, A.S.E Certifications in Engine Repair, Suspension and Brakes. Work for Cardone Industries for 12 years (my only job) as a Sales/Marketing/Tech Rep (like the movie Tommy Boy). Those in the Automotive field are familiar with A-1 Cardone Remanfuactured auto parts (CV axles, water pumps, etc.).

Oh, and my wife paid for half the car and 65% of the parts (birthdays and Christmas). She loves the car like me and Joseph.

Bio:
27 years old, BS Human Biology/Chemistry from UW-Green Bay, MS Physiology/Biochemistry from U of Louisville and NO Student Loans! Currently work as a scientist for a pharmaceutical company. Just got married in October, saving up to get into the 12's....I mean buy a house.

driftin4 said:
35 with no college and barely finished hs.. Rely heavily on spell check.. Make just a bit under 6 figures a year... :flag:

Intelligence and education are two different things. You can have one and not the other. I know lots of guys who could have made it but didn't for economical, personnal preference, or other reasons.

If there were jobs in this area that paid the big bucks, I would expect more than $45,000 a year. This is the highest one can expect in the rural poor areas of the U.S. In the big city the cost of living is nuts, so my $45,000 is like $70,000 to a guy in the higher cost of living areas. I have interviewed guys with the degrees and was rarely impressed. I like to look at a guys fingers and hands when I get a chance during an interview. Someone with cuts, bruises, and a little grime under the nails is not afraid to work. I had an interview when someone told me than my hands looked like I was hard worker. From that moment on I have always used that when I was across the interview table. Granted they must pass the BRAINS part but, usually they work out the best.