OT: Girlfriend + Mustang = Disaster - What can I do???

stunner6910

Oct 31, 2003
south texas
The question might sound a little gay, but our fights are mainly over me working on my car(she's jealous). I still make time for her and crap so I don't understand why she gets upset. :shrug: I wanted to ask you guys what can I compare my car with to make her understand how important it is? :shrug: Women, I swear if I didn't have a g/f, my car would be flying already. But can't have both :bang: at least not now.

• Sponsors (?)

What she is really bitching about is basically her saying "stop spending money on the car and spend it on me" and you don't need that.

Dump her...period. Girls like that are gold diggers and it's a huge wake up call to them to get dumped for a car :nice:

My wife understands how important of a hobby it is for me and never says no to anything I want to do to my car and gives all the support possible to make me happy. This is my 4th Stang and the others when I was younger did not look to well b/c of having the same type of GF you are talking about. If it's important to you to work on your car then she must understand that. Tell her you don't complain about her shopping, manicures or hair appts if she is that type of girl.

94SC50 said:
My wife understands how important of a hobby it is for me and never says no to anything I want to do to my car and gives all the support possible to make me happy. This is my 4th Stang and the others when I was younger did not look to well b/c of having the same type of GF you are talking about. If it's important to you to work on your car then she must understand that. Tell her you don't complain about her shopping, manicures or hair appts if she is that type of girl.

:stupid:

xr8d302 said:
Light her on fire, then spray her down with coolant to put out the flames. She'll stop bitching pretty quick :)

I disagree with this course of action.

You gotta deal with it man. Its a very rare girl that's chill with you spending time under your car. But none of them mind when they're being chauffered around in it. :rolleyes: At first mine was pissed about it but after a couple months she learned to deal with it and bite her tongue. Just like when she asks am I fat, always say no, or when she makes you 45 minutes late, say she looks awesome instead of how late you are, and randomly bring her little things for no reason. Sounds pretty lame and I get ragged on by my friends a lot, BUT, I sleep with a hot blonde whenever I want AND have a nice car, so who's laughing in the end? :nice:

Black95GTS said:
I disagree with this course of action.

You gotta deal with it man. Its a very rare girl that's chill with you spending time under your car. But none of them mind when they're being chauffered around in it. :rolleyes: At first mine was pissed about it but after a couple months she learned to deal with it and bite her tongue. Just like when she asks am I fat, always say no, or when she makes you 45 minutes late, say she looks awesome instead of how late you are, and randomly bring her little things for no reason. Sounds pretty lame and I get ragged on by my friends a lot, BUT, I sleep with a hot blonde whenever I want AND have a nice car, so who's laughing in the end? :nice:

I disagree with this course of action. :flame: FIRE!

xr8d302 said:
Light her on fire, then spray her down with coolant to put out the flames. She'll stop bitching pretty quick :)

that seems rational and it might work, i'll have to try it just to make sure it does.

lucky guys who don't have any problems. i really like this girl and this is the only thing that gets in the way, the way i see it is, you like me with it or you don't period. i'm pretty sure she'll get used to it but i wanted to know what you guys told your wifes/gf to calm them down. her mom is the culprit in here cause she tells her that thats why she had problems with her father. the ****** prayed for him to lose his car and the car burned in front of him a couple of days later(some electrical thing). i already told my girl that if that happens to mine, she's going to die :D oh, and the irony is that when she's in the car, she's got big ass smile cause it's fast(compared to her taurus) and drives nice. she's not a gold digger since she pays when we go out sometimes and doesn't mind buying my sibling food, toys or whatever. so we'll see where this leads

Black95GTS said:

oh yeah, i try to spoil her and yep, she does love when shes in it, i think she's just not used to competing with a car.

stunner6910 said:
The question might sound a little gay, but our fights are mainly over me working on my car(she's jealous). I still make time for her and crap so I don't understand why she gets upset. :shrug: I wanted to ask you guys what can I compare my car with to make her understand how important it is? :shrug: Women, I swear if I didn't have a g/f, my car would be flying already. But can't have both :bang: at least not now.

i'll take a little different viewpoint here, in my opinion all relationships are give and take.....so as long as you make an effort to make her happy and are realistic about how much time you spend with your car then you should be able to work it out. but, maybe you do everything you can and she's just not being fair to you :shrug: women can be very difficult and i know most just don't understand a man's obsession with his car.

I think it is just starting for me. I have had the mustang for a few months now, and last night the wife started going on and on about how all I talk about now is the stang. I try not to talk about it as much sometimes, but it is always on my mind. I think she just needs to find a hobby of her own.

Wi Stang said:
I think it is just starting for me. I have had the mustang for a few months now, and last night the wife started going on and on about how all I talk about now is the stang. I try not to talk about it as much sometimes, but it is always on my mind. I think she just needs to find a hobby of her own.

My girlfriend gives me the same speach. All I talk about is my bike or my car and what I want to do next. She gets tired of hearing about it and I get tired of hearing about the new coach purse she wants. But I agree that a relationship is a give and take. You have to work with her but she has to work with you too. Took my gf a while to figure out unless she puts some effort into the relationship too it isnt going to work. She realizes now that is what I love to do. I would rather buy go fast parts for my Bike and My car than new clothes like her. I dont bitch when she drags me arounds the mall for hours so she can deal with a little car quality time.

Try and make her realize how much your car means to you. Then take her out and do somehting nice for her that shows how much she means to you to. Make sure she knows there is room enough in your life for both of them.

my wife is the same way. she doesn't understand why i like to work on my car and she thinks me working on my car degrades her and makes her a laughingstock in the neighborhood.

that is why it took me 2 months to get my stereo working and 4 months to install the tweecer.

if your g/f doesn't like the fact that that is who you are and what you are into, then she is probably not the woman for you. my interest developed about 2 years ago, after we were married for 18, so i can see why my wife doesn't understand it for me, but she should still sigh and look the other way. that is what i do when she goes shopping for another pair of shoes. i am starting to make some headway with her, but she will take alot of training ...

ive dumped over 5 girls for this reason alone (one for a year). they gave the stupid line "its the car or me".....well, adios. ill just go to the club and find another. sorry, you talk about makeup, purses and bitch about your life. i fart, burp and talk about my car. deal with it or i dont need you. if you think you have a possibility to marry her, will you give up liking cars because of her?? if she will leave you now cause of it, she might just do it later in life too

Remember, the love for a hobby is a true love. It is not an instinctual thing like "needing" a g/f. Never throw away anything for some girl because she wants you to. I promise you will regret it, especially when she is with some other guy down the road.

BTW..Im not bitter, I just tell the sad truth.

I have that same problem with my GF being jealous of my car. But just give it some time and take the advice of what has been said as letting her know that it is not only a hobby but a passion that you have for you stang. Just as long as you know for sure that she is not upset because you are spending money on the car instead of her...then I would say drop her, but if it is just quality time she wants then maybe try to include her in it, and do the same for her with her interests.