OT: Motorcycle License

American_Muscle

May 9, 2005
Hey guys

Quick question:

I'm currently stationed in Germany with the military.

I'll be visiting my sister in Louisiana this summer and I would like to get my motorcycle license.

Problem is my state of residency is Florida.

Can I do my motorcycle license in a state that is not my home state, like say Louisiana?

And also, do I need a regular stateside driver's license (for a car)to get the motorcycle license?
All I have is an international license.

Thanks

Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

Don't take this as an absolute answer... but I strongly believe(but could be wrong) that you have to show proof of residency when obtaining a motorcycle license. If you don;t show proof that you live in Louisiana, than I believe that you're going to have a hard time getting the license.

I could be wrong though.. keep searching.

I think state DMV's are outta of control and should be Fedealized. We need Federal licensing and regulations. The way things work now, you must complete the approved motorcycle safety courses and test in the state of licensing. You can't get a license in one state, then get endorsements in another. Each state sets forth it's own requirements, therefore each state is different. I had an international license too, and there isn't much you can do with it. Since you technically live in Florida, you have a Florida license as well? Regardless, you would need a Louisiana license to get Louisiana endorsements. International license's don't mean crap here. I have also have a Korean driver's license, and that test was tough as hell. THey make good momento's of your travels.