OT: Painting cars..

getinaGTsoon

Founding Member
Sep 8, 2002
Arkansas
Just yesterday, I repainted my tail light trim to match my car cause I had to replace the lights and blah blah blah. anyway.. I got to thinking cause they look really good.. how hard is it to paint a car ?? I know I can do this if I get the tools/shop. I don't think it is hard at all, but if someone has some kind of howto guide link, let me in on it. otherwise.. post your thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

its not hard to paint a car... I did mine myself. But you'll need a good spray gun and a booth or else it will look like $hit when you get done with it (dust, dirt, anything that floats can and WILL land on the paint)

Simple process though, fill in any dents and same smooth, primer the spots you did body work on, then sand smooth with a 400 grit wet paper. Fairly simple process... pm or talk to me on AIM (GT1105) if you need any info.

bring it to a body shop and have them do it, its worth the money if you want a good job done, its not that heard if you know what your doing and have the supplies but if i were you ide just let a good body shop take care of it.