OT, What kind of jobs did you all have in high school??

• Sponsors (?)

i actually had an amazing job for a high-schooler.... i worked as a detailer in a used Porsche/Mercedes dealership for $10 an hour. Plus every tuesday my boss would go to an auction couple hundres miles away and buy a couple new cars, so my job on wednesdays was to go to the auction and drive back home a Boxster or a Kompressor for him....not bad for a 17 yr old.
that job bought me my first stang, 88 lx coupe.

After my freshman year I worked at a local 9-hole golf course owned and operated by an elderly couple. I made $3 an hour all cash. I was 14 and rode my bike 7 miles there and 7 back 3-5 days a week.

Then next year I cut firewood and delivered it. Made about $800 cash that summer for about 15 hours/week in 2 months.

Before my senior year I worked part time at Burger King for $5.50/hour.

After I graduated I got a job with the County Road Commission patching potholes, flagging traffic, hauling material, etc. I started at $8.25/hour the first summer. Then I made $9.75 with my CDL. Last summer I made $10/hour and now I'm making $10.25. We work 4 ten-hour days a week Monday thru Thursday. 3 DAY WEEKENDS!!!

Oh, I did not have to pay insurance during high school because I maintained a 4.0 GPA. And in tenth grade my uncle made me a deal: if I was valedictorian he would give me his '94 Mustang GT vert. Well I now own it!! Not bad, huh?! Since then I've paid out the @$$ for it though. New tires when I got it in 2001, insurance, and my mods so far. I need more money!!

Cool.........I'm the mole. I'll keep everyone posted as to what GM has up their sleeves. I do know currently that the 05 vette is said to be quite an amazing animal at 500 hp stock.But thats a rich guys muscle car anyway!!!!!!They don't build em like we build ours.