Other forums just can't cut it

It's amazing how dull every other forum is compared to Stangnet. I recently bought a 2004 Acura TSX and I'm looking to do a few simple bolt-ons for a few extra ponies (my goodness does this vehicle need it). Anyway, trying to get information on an Acura site is like watching grass grow.

Thank goodness I don't have an emergency b/c I would be stranded for days on end if this was case. I can't count how many times I've needed IMMEDIATE info. on my Mustang and have had folks respond within 10 minutes or less.

Posing simple questions on this other forum is almost as much fun as painting a wall..............then watching it dry. :rolleyes:

:SNSign: FTW

• Sponsors (?)

ike i know thats not all whats done to the tsx, what else its got?

That's it I swear. I know when I went to buy it I was under the impression that it had a bunch of aftermarket Acura racing parts on it and that it was running a 13.2 quarter-mile. I had the guy pop the hood and when he did I just stared at him like he was stupid.

"Where are the aftermarket parts buddy?"

The engine looked spotlessly clean, but no Acura racing parts. It didn't matter, I loved the car so much I had to have it. I recently bought a digital camera so now I can post pictures of BOTH my Mustang AND my Acura.

Anyway, I noticed the clutch was real tight and later the salesman (who has recently gotten a job with me selling warranties) told me he talked to the previous owner and the previous owner (who claimed it was a 13.2 second car) said he put an aftermarket clutch and shifter in it, that's it.

In any event, I will be putting the basic bolt-ons myself. There's no need to do any head, cam, or internal work on the vehicle b/c it's main purpose is to be my DD. On the otherhand, these 2.4L vtechs apparently respond VERY well to modifications, so I will be putting on the Fujita intake system and probably a DC sports header/catback. Then I will probably get a hondata re-programmer and call it a day. I hear the hondata flash adds 29 hp to the wheels on a "stock" TSX. So imagine what it will do after the intake/header/catback combo. :nice:

Oh, by the way, it's a 6-speed which is definitely the way you want to go with the TSX. It's a magnificent car, but it will never be as close to me as the ol' stang. :D

I'm a member of, seems like, countless forums of different kinds. Around 10 or so I'm pretty active on a daily basis! Stangnet beats them all in overall feedback, content, and attitude:nice:

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I just bought an '02 Explorer Sport Trac and thought I'd just look to see if there were any forums. I found one that is very very active and has a lot of good info and some knowledgeable moderators, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOO dull and it's hilarious how it compares "mechanically" to Stangnet. People on there are like "where are the spark plugs???" and then other people who think they are mechanically minded attempt to answer their questions with the most hilarious responses. I mostly just go on there to get some laughs! :lol:

i've noticed stangnet is the best mustang forum i have been too. i feel like i know you guys in a way, everyone has a personality and you can see and pick up on it in someone's post.

sometimes i can see a name on this site and know what their car is

call me weird but thats how it is

Check SportCompactCar.com for Project TSX..they made 238whp with it, naturally aspired without touching the bottom end. Easy how-to stuff, just dig into the wallet for a lot of Skunk2 parts.

Come to think of it, the 3rd part of the project isn't on the website, so I'll give you the list of needed parts.

Skunk2 Upgraded valvetrain..stiffer springs, titanium retainers, 1 piece valves, etc..

Headwork..three-angle valve job, radius the exhaust ports below the 60 degree cut (from the valve job), and porting.

Stage 1 RSX cams (use the RSX cam gears for more i-VTEC phasing)

K20Z3 intake manifold (new Civic Si) - requires an adaptor plate from HASport.

Adapt an RSX throttle system to the Skunk2 68mm TB..TSX is FBW.

Skunk2 "Race" header

Skunk2 catback

True cold air intake

Hondata K-Pro

The result is 238whp / 177 ft.lbs with a HUGE gain top end. You can spin it to 8200 RPM too, instead of 7000.

OR....

Comptech makes a supercharger for the K24. When used with their header and exhaust, and a K-pro, it'll make 236whp / 174 ft.lbs....Comptech isn't cheap, and out of business so I'd go the all motor route.

StangNet P3WNS all other forums. Even other mustang forums and others I'm on for my other vehicles. The others are either boring as anything or everyone on it is trash talking and dropping the F word every other second. Stangnet commands most of my online time from forum perspective.

I love this place, It is fart better that any other message board out there!

Looking back I should change the spelling to make that the word i intended, but people like that kind of stuff here so "post quick reply"......get ready:)